PDA

View Full Version : Searching for Answers

popsicle toes
03-02-2007, 02:28 PM
Hi all...I've posted a few times but work so much I can't stay on often or long enough to get really involved. At quick glances I've been looking for information about TBC's minister (Dean Register) being ousted. I here from more than one unrelated source that as of this weekend he is gone. Anyone know anything abiout this?

TheKing
03-02-2007, 03:28 PM
With the church being as big as it is...I can assure you that church goes well beyond one man.

That being said...

Who cares?

Everyone loves a scandal....sigh.

I am constantly amazed that the one thing people love to see more than watching someone rise above the ranks and fly high...is to watch them fall.

B.T. Justice
03-02-2007, 03:45 PM
I am constantly amazed that the one thing people love to see more than watching someone rise above the ranks and fly high...is to watch them fall.

Should we interpret that as a yes?

carsalesguy
03-02-2007, 08:32 PM
register is gone?

SoMissGrad
03-02-2007, 09:57 PM
:smt102 That's what the word on the street is. From what I hear, it's all over town he's leaving. Something about his son, maybe? Sunday services might be a little interesting this weekend, that's for sure.

daisy
03-02-2007, 10:20 PM
:smt102 That's what the word on the street is. From what I hear, it's all over town he's leaving. Something about his son, maybe? Sunday services might be a little interesting this weekend, that's for sure.

What about his son and his son's age? I hope he is ok. Dr. Register has always been nice to me when I have gone there with friends and that church has grown and ministers to that community.

CircusRide
03-02-2007, 10:42 PM
It's my understanding that THE Rev. Kenneth Fairley will be taking over next week. And the week after that, Johnny D is proposing annexation of TBC by the city of Hattiesburg. He's promised to provide TBC and the Oak Grove area with the same Downtown Funk that Hattiesburg is enjoying.
Black Panther Party at Temple, 3/18.

daisy
03-02-2007, 10:45 PM
I heard Dean Register tried to take on Paul Koonts and Gary Shows and that you don't take them on. I hear he will be resigning this Sunday. Sad.

carsalesguy
03-02-2007, 10:47 PM
why not take them on? isn't he the senior pastor?

too many politics out there- i wonder who is going to reign now over disney

Mojo Daddy-O
03-02-2007, 10:48 PM
Hey, easy on the negative comments. That church has been a big part of my life since I was 3.

daisy
03-02-2007, 10:55 PM
why not take them on? isn't he the senior pastor?

too many politics out there- i wonder who is going to reign now over disney

Carsalesguy, I was only saying what I heard. I agree the senior pastor should be able to guide the boat. But, we all know the official power brokers and the real power brokers are not always the same --whether it be a church, government, and any other type of group.

I think Paul Koontz has been there through several pastors or I can remember him through at leat 20 years.

Mojo, I mean no offense to you. I am only saying what I am hearing and I am saddened for that church and what will happen to the people. Egos can do some havoc, can't they?

I went through it years ago.

zorro
03-02-2007, 11:01 PM
I don't know much about TBC, but yesterday I heard that Jimmy Stewart, the top pastor at the other TBC campus (I don't know which one is at which campus) had resigned. Has anybody else heard this?

carsalesguy
03-02-2007, 11:03 PM
I don't know much about TBC, but yesterday I heard that Jimmy Stewart, the top pastor at the other TBC campus (I don't know which one is at which campus) had resigned. Has anybody else heard this?

that's been a while. he took a job with a church in olive branch

Guest_
03-02-2007, 11:04 PM

Yeah. That was in the paper a couple of weeks ago.

RHB
03-02-2007, 11:09 PM
Maybe this was the plan all along? Register helps create the area's first mega-church and then moves on to .....?

LipsofanAngel
03-02-2007, 11:15 PM
Lots of rumors. This was why I made my post earlier in the week about religious leaders in the "religion thread". Don't feel well tonight, so I don't want to get in to what I've heard. Also, out of respect for Dr. Register and for my church I will likely not share anything once I hear more. Only the people directly involved actually know the truth. I don't care to participate in hearsay when it involves a church that I love.

Guest_
03-02-2007, 11:18 PM
I don't care to participate in hearsay when it involves a church that I love.

As opposed to the hearsay you participate in when it involves a church you feel indifferent towards?

:)

carsalesguy
03-02-2007, 11:22 PM
Maybe this was the plan all along? Register helps create the area's first mega-church and then moves on to .....?

six flags?

carsalesguy
03-02-2007, 11:23 PM
As opposed to the hearsay you participate in when it involves a church you feel indifferent towards?

ooooooooooo- she gonna beat u up

LipsofanAngel
03-02-2007, 11:24 PM

that's not how I meant that. And honestly, I do try to not spread any information that I do not know as a fact. Which is why you've never heard me discuss specific churches other than information I knew from the one I am a member of.

Mojo Daddy-O
03-02-2007, 11:26 PM
If you are a believer, please realize that what effects Temple effects everybody.

carsalesguy
03-02-2007, 11:27 PM
If you are a believer, please realize that what effects Temple effects everybody.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....i think i just figured out who u were for sure now...................

Guest_
03-02-2007, 11:29 PM

Care to elaborate? I'm sure you didn't mean it this way, but that comes off sounding very pretentious.

Mojo Daddy-O
03-02-2007, 11:33 PM
Care to elaborate? I'm sure you didn't mean it this way, but that comes off sounding very pretentious.

Well, despite the fact that I go to Temple, I was refering to I Cor. 12:26 that says if one member of the Body of Christ suffers then all suffer. I didn't mean to come off pretentious.

Mojo Daddy-O
03-02-2007, 11:34 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....i think i just figured out who u were for sure now...................

You know who I am? I am quite sure I have no idea who you are, so this confuses my little monkey brain.

EricStratton
03-03-2007, 03:16 PM
I sure hope all this is heresay and that, if he is leaving, he is leaving on his own accord (pardon the pun carsales). I was never a member of Temple (not even Baptist), but I went to school with Register's son, and they always seemed to be good people.

Of course, if you Baptist would do like us Methodist and just let the preachers know up front that they will be shipped out every few years, I think you could avoid drama like this!!

(I kid because I care!)

Augustus McRae
03-03-2007, 05:52 PM
There is no refuting what has been accomplished under Dean Register's leadership at Temple Baptist Church. You know sometimes when you are successful, people like to take shots. Dean Register - like ALL of us who are Dads, I hope - is loyal to and supportive of his son. If he pissed some people off because he was advocating for his son, then I stand and applaud him! If he is leaving, I hope he gets to "organize (his) own parade!"

Engelbert Humperdinck
03-03-2007, 06:27 PM
I was going to start attending the LDS church in Oak Grove (The City) but CB told me that I couldn't because I don't know the difference between New York and Massachusetts.

Now, I'm just going to sit here and go to hell, I guess.

I kid because I care too.

daisy
03-04-2007, 07:46 AM
Ok, last I heard Dean Register's son is a grown man who is a pastor on staff at Temple. I heard a lot of this was about staffing in regards to the East Campus and some strong differences of opinions and placements.

I thought the son was a little boy, maybe 6 th grade. Oops.:smt102

LipsofanAngel
03-04-2007, 08:21 AM
Ok, last I heard Dean Register's son is a grown man who is a pastor on staff at Temple. I heard a lot of this was about staffing in regards to the East Campus and some strong differences of opinions and placements.

I thought the son was a little boy, maybe 6 th grade. Oops.:smt102
Nope, he's grown and married. Has a wonderful wife too... she's also one of the most genuine people I've ever known.

I'm somewhat apprehensive to even go to church this morning :(

daisy
03-04-2007, 08:27 AM
Nope, he's grown and married. Has a wonderful wife too... she's also one of the most genuine people I've ever known.

I'm somewhat apprehensive to even go to church this morning :(

I can imagine. All this has burdened me for the people that do go there and you could always sit in the back or watch it on tv. Hang in there, Lips.:smt006

LipsofanAngel
03-04-2007, 08:51 AM
I can imagine. All this has burdened me for the people that do go there and you could always sit in the back or watch it on tv. Hang in there, Lips.:smt006
well, I will definately be going... not everything in life is pleasant, and just because some things may happen that I don't like- Temple is where I feel comfortable going to worship... and until I feel God wants me elsewhere, I'll continue to go there. Plus I sit towards the back anyway :) so if any tears start to come out, I can do my best to hide them!! :)

LipsofanAngel
03-04-2007, 01:15 PM
very sad morning.... rumors were true. Dr. Register preached his last sermon at Temple Baptist Church...may God bless him and God bless the church.

jmack
03-04-2007, 01:43 PM
I will miss Dr. Register and Jimmy Stewart. Jimmy came over and watched the bowl games with me and some guys and was very down to earth just like Dr. Register.