PDA

View Full Version : Howard Industries in Laurel is hiring I think

Fish-Bait
08-28-2008, 04:04 PM
Hundreds wait in line for jobs at Howard Industries

Howard Industries in Laurel was invaded again Wednesday, not by federal agents rounding up illegal immigrants, but by Americans looking for work.

Hmm.....need a job? You might be too late.:smt102

doubya' dam report. (http://www.wdam.com/global/story.asp?s=8915387)

lamarrebel
08-28-2008, 04:06 PM
So much for Howard providing jobs "that American's won't work"!

Rainey
08-28-2008, 04:07 PM
Dang, some rough talk on that.

Fish-Bait
08-28-2008, 04:08 PM
lol....go read the comments and watch the video on doubya dam's website.....

lmao!!!!!!!!!!

Rainey
08-28-2008, 04:09 PM
I had to pause it because I was laughing too hard.

Fish-Bait
08-28-2008, 04:12 PM
idiots!!!

MsMargatini
08-28-2008, 04:39 PM
The most well spoken of them says, "I heard they were looking for people, and I came to get me one."
How much do them people cost? I want to get me one too.

Rainey
08-28-2008, 04:46 PM
The most well spoken of them says, "I heard they were looking for people, and I came to get me one."
How much do them people cost? I want to get me one too.

I'm $6.33 :smt102

Scarlett O'Hara
08-28-2008, 04:47 PM
Did ya'll see on the news last night where one of the women in line was talking so bad about Howard Industries..............Does she really think they would even hire her after all that rantin and ravin?

Also, did ya'll see how they were all dressed in their Sunday go to meetin clothes? NOT!

I was laughing the whole time!

MsMargatini
08-28-2008, 04:57 PM
I'm $6.33 :smt102
Considered yourself OWNED!

wilebill
08-28-2008, 05:23 PM
Did ya'll see on the news last night where one of the women in line was talking so bad about Howard Industries..............Does she really think they would even hire her after all that rantin and ravin?

Also, did ya'll see how they were all dressed in their Sunday go to meetin clothes? NOT!

I was laughing the whole time!

I'm thinking that she believed she was the perfect employee.

drake
08-28-2008, 05:24 PM
Does anyone know if Howard Industries is hiring?

TimeXTime
08-28-2008, 05:51 PM
That video is a perfect example of why people think MS folks are retarded. This is 2008...we have the Internet, flat screen tv's, we're near a cure for cancer and the AIDS epidemic...and WDAM puts this trash on network TV.

Thanks for the positive image Dubya' DAM.

FAIL.

Guest_
08-28-2008, 06:00 PM
The station cannot control the words of people interviewed. For all you know, those could be the best interviews taken.

TimeXTime
08-28-2008, 06:01 PM
The station cannot control the words of people interviewed. For all you know, those could be the best interviews taken.

Which scares me even more for the future of MS.:cry:

fusil de asalto
08-28-2008, 06:46 PM
The woman they interviewed somehow feels entitled to that job. Somebody please slap her. I wouldn't hire her with all that complaining.

Engelbert Humperdinck
08-28-2008, 07:09 PM
My daughter is married to a Mexican, they have 3 kids. He's the only bread winner, my daughter got the bi-polar and uhh it's destroying her because now the kids have no income commin' in. And, I mean uh, you know Freedom of Speech, you're supposed to be able to live where you wanna live, whatever. Now they're talkin' about publizieing, uhh legalizing it, and now all this." Woman passing by.

Listening to that made my brwain hurtz, lots.

Echo Four Bravo
08-28-2008, 07:09 PM
Quote:
"My girl got tha bi-polar" :laugh:

jmb
08-28-2008, 07:21 PM
My daughter is married to a Mexican, they have 3 kids. He's the only bread winner, my daughter got the bi-polar and uhh it's destroying her because now the kids have no income commin' in. And, I mean uh, you know Freedom of Speech, you're supposed to be able to live where you wanna live, whatever. Now they're talkin' about publizieing, uhh legalizing it, and now all this." Woman passing by.
Listening to that made my brwain hurtz, lots.

WTH is she talking about legalizing?

08-28-2008, 07:33 PM
So much for Howard providing jobs "that American's won't work"!
I have it on good authority that if the crowd applying at Howards is typical of local 'legal' applicants in the past that most will not pass the drug test.

Then, those who do pass the drug test and get hired and complete several weeks of costly training will not pass the drug test after their first paycheck.

It appears that laws were being broken but I find it ironic that in this country a man can be jailed for sitting on his a*s and failing to support his dependents...and a man can be jailed for busting his a*s to support his dependents.

James

needinfo
08-28-2008, 07:40 PM
Illegals do drugs too, maybe they just don't get caught.

08-28-2008, 07:54 PM
Illegals do drugs too, maybe they just don't get caught.
Drug testing is taken very seriously at Howard's due to the critical nature of the manufacturing process. I'm told that all who work there comprehend the phrase "drug test". An industry like Howard's could not afford to let folks work for free if under any form of influence.
James

fusil de asalto
08-28-2008, 07:59 PM
Drug testing is taken very seriously at Howard's due to the critical nature of the manufacturing process. I'm told that all who work there comprehend the phrase "drug test". An industry like Howard's could not afford to let folks work for free if under any form of influence.
James
That's funny. I worked there and never took a drug test.

Conveyor Belt
08-28-2008, 08:27 PM
It appears that laws were being broken but I find it ironic that in this country a man can be jailed for sitting on his ass and failing to support his dependents...and a man can be jailed for busting his ass to support his dependents.

James

Should intentions be taken into consideration when the enforceability of a law is being considered?

phmom
08-28-2008, 08:38 PM
I saw that on W-DAM last night and laughed so hard. What freaking idiots we have in this world!!!! There was one guy in a doo-rag following that camera around.... Kinda scary, stalker like.....

fusil de asalto
08-28-2008, 08:40 PM
I saw that on W-DAM last night and laughed so hard. What freaking idiots we have in this world!!!! There was one guy in a doo-rag following that camera around.... Kinda scary, stalker like.....
I noticed that. He was probably about to start rappin' so erbody could see his talent.:laugh:

08-28-2008, 10:32 PM
Should intentions be taken into consideration when the enforceability of a law is being considered?
Our forefathers seemed to think so as our judicial system has sentencing as a completely separate function than the process of establishing guilt or innocence.

James

retailmgr
08-28-2008, 10:58 PM
Folks think that they can get a job no matter what they say or do. I once had a guy tell me...

"I jus needs a jobs dawgs causes I wents and gots my hos pregnants."

Conveyor Belt
08-28-2008, 11:00 PM
Our forefathers seemed to think so as our judicial system has sentencing as a completely separate function than the process of establishing guilt or innocence.

James

So, are you against mandatory sentencing for crimes?

hendrixfreak70
08-28-2008, 11:04 PM
Folks think that they can get a job no matter what they say or do. I once had a guy tell me...

"I jus needs a jobs dawgs causes I wents and gots my hos pregnants."

In other words, my boy pluralized erythang?

carsalesguy
08-28-2008, 11:05 PM
"i done took dis test 11 times mr howard should have called mez himselfs"

oh lawd-

hey- in case you don't know what the 3 tests are

1) aptitude- screw 20 nuts onto 20 bolts finger tight and snug in 1:30
2) aptitude- screw 34 nuts and washers onto 34 bols finger tight and sung in 1:00
3) pass a urine test

retailmgr
08-28-2008, 11:10 PM
In other words, my boy pluralized erythang?
Well, not quite everything. That was just everything I understood.

JMC
08-29-2008, 12:11 AM
11 times? Catch a clue :shake:

ComputerDude
08-29-2008, 06:37 AM
I would have responded to this thread last night but I gots a bit of the bi-polar. :bowrofl:

"i done took dis test 11 times mr howard should have called mez himselfs"
:bowrofl::bowrofl:
Quality worker right there. I'm sure Mr. Howard is tripping over himself to get to the phone to call this future VP.

needinfo
08-29-2008, 08:52 AM
James

I am sure it is taken seriously there as it is at other places. However, I know as well as some others may know, you can pass a drug test EVEN if you do drugs. There are employees in one of our branches that do drugs but yet when the drug tests come around, they pass them. Our testing is done by an independant company, in fact 2 different companies actually do our testing, both pre-employment and during employment. If anyone is hurt on the job it is an automatic drug test, but guess what - in the 7 years I have been here, there has only been ONE person fired for failing a drug test. There are many more who do drugs that work here. It is a known fact but they pass the drug screen each time!

So I am saying, illegals do drugs and they may understand drug testing, but I bet they also know how to beat one.

Of course I could be wrong and not one of the 595 illegals do drugs, wouldn't that be amazing.

08-29-2008, 09:31 AM
...So I am saying, illegals do drugs and they may understand drug testing, but I bet they also know how to beat one.

Of course I could be wrong and not one of the 595 illegals do drugs, wouldn't that be amazing.
No doubt some do but I see a vast difference between the Latino workers who show up consistently and perform quality work and the applicants featured on WDAM that tend to blame everyone but themselves for their plight.
James

gregprine
08-29-2008, 09:42 AM
..yea, I changed my mind about Howards and the aliens after that news story. We have some dumb as bricks residents here. Those folks were just unemployable.

needinfo
08-29-2008, 10:23 AM
The bottom line is the "Latino workers" are illegals and they are breaking the law. HI broke the laws by hiring them.

I have no problem with anyone from another country coming here to make a better life for themselves, but do it the LEGAL way, just as our ancestors did. I also feel any company that hires an illegal should be punished for breaking the same law.

Those folks on WDAM surely do not represent all unemployed people in MS. At least they are not a representation of my relatives that still live there (well except for maybe 2 cousins).

marion
08-29-2008, 10:32 AM
I have no problem with anyone from another country coming here to make a better life for themselves, but do it the LEGAL way, just as our ancestors did.

You do realize that when most of our ancestors came here there wasn't mountains of paperwork to fill out, waiting periods, or money that had to be paid. In fact, the first 100 years of immigration to this country there was no kind of paperwork to fill out. Not to mention, once there was a little paperwork to be done, I'm sure there were many who didn't do it legally. Do you know how your ancestors actually got here?

ComputerDude
08-29-2008, 10:53 AM
You do realize that when most of our ancestors came here there wasn't mountains of paperwork to fill out, waiting periods, or money that had to be paid. In fact, the first 100 years of immigration to this country there was no kind of paperwork to fill out. Not to mention, once there was a little paperwork to be done, I'm sure there were many who didn't do it legally. Do you know how your ancestors actually got here?Seriously. When my grandfather came over from Italy, he got off the boat, registered at Ellis Island and went on his way.
Not to say the mounds of paperwork required today isn't necessary, but you can't compare the immigration process of today to the way it was 100 years ago because it's apples and oranges.

TimeXTime
08-29-2008, 11:22 AM
No doubt some do but I see a vast difference between the Latino workers who show up consistently and perform quality work and the applicants featured on WDAM that tend to blame everyone but themselves for their plight.
James

James,

While I understand your perspective...you are a business owner, former law enforcement officer, and community leader.

Would you ever hire illegal immigrants to work at your shop?

I don't think you would. It's illegal. Against the law. Disallowed by statute.

All other arguements regarding the moral and ethical issues should be confined to changing the law rather than discussion on obeying the law.

Just my opinion, though.

BTW...POST #500 right here BABY!

needinfo
08-29-2008, 11:39 AM
"Do you know how your ancestors actually got here?"

Yes for the most part I do know, or as far back as I have traced so far.But then we had a good portion of our "ancestors" already here.

I agree the laws need to be changed or enforce the ones we already have and as of the day ICE rounded up the workers at HI, they were in violation of the law, plain and simple.

08-29-2008, 12:16 PM
James,

While I understand your perspective...you are a business owner, former law enforcement officer, and community leader.

Would you ever hire illegal immigrants to work at your shop?

I don't think you would. It's illegal. Against the law. Disallowed by statute.

All other arguements regarding the moral and ethical issues should be confined to changing the law rather than discussion on obeying the law.

Just my opinion, though.

BTW...POST #500 right here BABY!
I was filling out I-9 forms at my business before most employers knew that such a required form existed. I would never knowingly hire an illegal.

There is a difference in condoning the breaking of laws and in understanding why a violator might choose to break the law.

I don't condone breaking the immigration laws.

I can't understand why some crimes are committed such as shooting someone for a wallet full of cash.

I can understand why someone would leave a land of hardship in search of opportunity for their family and their future.

Our country would not exist under its current name had those before us not first made the courageous voyage and then openly violated British law.

Rhetorical question; Do you condone the Boston Tea Party or the Revolutionary War? Both were clear violations of existing law.
James