PDA

View Full Version : another Laurel councilman goes to jail

Sir Mickey Mouse
11-02-2005, 04:18 PM
This time it's for havnig sex with a girl who was 13

http://www.onlineindependent.net/cgi-bin/page.cgi?id=220

wilebill
11-02-2005, 04:30 PM
I've run ino this guy during the course of my work, and he's an arrogant SOB, and ignorant as to how his job related to mine, even though we were supposed to be working together.

This news doesn't surprise me.

Sir Mickey Mouse
11-02-2005, 04:46 PM
Where are they finding their candidates?

lamarrebel
11-02-2005, 04:46 PM
Laurel sadly enough, has a city government that makes Hattiesburg's administration, even under DuPree, look good.

Ted
11-02-2005, 06:09 PM
Laurel sadly enough, has a city government that makes Hattiesburg's administration, even under DuPree, look good.:)heh heh heh. It ain't nutin' new, Hub.
I grew up in Laurel. We got transfered there from Louisville, KY in '51 or '52.
It was a mess of scoundrels then and I'm sure it will still be so in perpetuity.:)

lamarrebel
11-02-2005, 06:35 PM
You're absolutely right QM, and sorry if my post came off as making light of the situation. Having been around a few DHS cases like this, I just get sick to my stomach thinking of these type things. I have no sympathy for him.

Ted
11-02-2005, 06:56 PM
QM,

Forgive me.
I didn't intend to seem to be defending or condoning Mr. Jones or his actions.
Quite the contrary. I find it appalling.
If that were my daughter, no type of punishment or amount of punishment would ever be sufficient or satisfactory. Our children, all children, are the most precious facets of our lives.
My appologies for seeming to make jest of that situation.

jmb
11-02-2005, 07:16 PM
I agree with all of you. Nobody should be messing around like that with a 13-year old girl, especially a grown man that's old enough to know better.

Lylabean
11-02-2005, 07:40 PM
What is with the Ward 7 councilmen?!?! This is the ward Thaddeus Edmonson was from.

I never liked the looks of this guy...just a bad vibe he gives off and I've only seen him on television.

How awful of him to take advantage of a 13-year-old...I hope he gets whats coming to him.

Lynn

fuzzis
11-02-2005, 09:40 PM
This is so very, very sad. I have to wonder if with the sexualization of our society, the girl even really knew (at the time) what happened to her is wrong?

I mean, I taught seventh and eighth graders who thought nothing of going out with/having sex with seniors in high school. The line for our children is blurry and confusing and many of them don't have adults there to help them navigate the dangers.

fuzzis

Ted
11-02-2005, 09:59 PM
Thanks, QM.

Ted
11-02-2005, 10:07 PM
. . . . I have to wonder . . . .Yeah. Good point.

Hmmmmmm . . . .one aspect I'm wondering about - why it took six years for this to come to the surface.

I guess we'll see.

fuzzis
11-02-2005, 10:09 PM
Yeah. Good point.

Hmmmmmm . . . .one aspect I'm wondering about - why it took six years for this to come to the surface.

I guess we'll see.

And if she hadn't gotten pregnant...would we even know?

fuzzis

wilebill
11-02-2005, 11:24 PM

I guess we'll see.

Like fuzzis said, usually, at that young an age, a lot of kids don't know that what she or the guy is doing is wrong. It's when they get older that they realize they were taken advantage of and what the guy did was criminal.

It's good that the statute of limitations is as long as it is for that crime. It isn't the first time that this situation has played out like this.

gine
11-03-2005, 07:05 AM
If you are a parent of a teen, or know parents of teens, make sure and watch Dateline Friday Nov. 4 - the show will be about internet predators soliciting children online. The internet is the predator's new playground - AND, they are out there, even in South Mississippi :smt087

fuzzis
11-03-2005, 07:29 AM
If you are a parent of a teen, or know parents of teens, make sure and watch Dateline Friday Nov. 4 - the show will be about internet predators soliciting children online. The internet is the predator's new playground - AND, they are out there, even in South Mississippi :smt087

I suppose this is a bit of a threadjack, but why *wouldn't* they be "even in South Mississippi"? During the hurricane, my friends were talking about looking up their neighborhood on the site where you can see registered sex offenders and being absolutely SHOCKED that there were in fact sex offenders in their neighborhood.

With statistics saying that 1 in 3 women and 1 in 6 men will be sexually assaulted by the time they're 18, is it really surprising?

Thinking that predators aren't around us leaves children vulnerable.

fuzzis

beggingforrelief
11-03-2005, 01:29 PM
It is a down right shame that children are becoming the target of un-human beings that can install a feeling of fear, and shame to hide thier disgusting acts. There is no punishment harsh enough to correct what these people do to thier victims. I just hope that the justice system does not let the victim or her family down in this case. This is one jury I would love to serve on.http://www.myhattiesburg.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif

gine
11-04-2005, 09:03 AM
Thinking that predators aren't around us leaves children vulnerable.

Exactly my point! Thanks :)

JB2379
11-04-2005, 10:55 AM
That idiot needs to be locked up for a very long time. Like some of you, I have always gotten a bad vibe from this guy. He seems just as crooked as Thaddeus Edmonson. Then he has the nerves to claim that these are false accusations and that somebody is trying to set him up just to get him out of office.

noway
11-04-2005, 06:24 PM
That idiot needs to be locked up for a very long time. Like some of you, I have always gotten a bad vibe from this guy. He seems just as crooked as Thaddeus Edmonson. Then he has the nerves to claim that these are false accusations and that somebody is trying to set him up just to get him out of office.

i saw thaddeous edmonson was released on house arrest today..

wilebill
11-05-2005, 12:41 AM
i saw thaddeous edmonson was released on house arrest today..

They had too many councilmen locked up so they had to let one out. :smt118