PDA

View Full Version : favorite christmas songs

shawn o hairy
12-06-2005, 06:07 PM
what are your favorite christmas songs,mine is o holy night,and we three kings.

fuzzis
12-06-2005, 06:18 PM
I really love them all, but if I have to choose, "The Christmas Song".

fuzzis

iheartellisons
12-06-2005, 07:07 PM
i absolutely LOVE any christmas music but my absolute favs are O Holy Night (anyone sings it well, Josh Groban especially) and All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey

Monkey
12-06-2005, 07:19 PM
I definitely have to agree with you about Josh Groban singing O Holy Night, Iheartellisons! He's got a beautiful voice. My absolute favorite carol though is Angels We Have Heard on High:smt034 :smt059

reality
12-07-2005, 10:04 AM
O Holy Night
:smt059

Sir Mickey Mouse
12-07-2005, 10:16 AM
I, too, love O Holy Night.

Ironically, the best version I have heard on radio or in person is here in Hattiesburg.

I went to Temple Baptist's Christmas program two years ago. The lady who sang was AWESOME. I think every hair on my arms were standing up from the chills. I bought the DVD just so I could hear that... and pull it out throughout the year. I also enjoyed the song "Joy, Joy to the world... " I had never heard it before and don't know if that is the title... but the guy was singing "Joy, Joy to the world" and the choir would come in and echo. It was gorgeous.

MSQueen
12-07-2005, 10:53 AM
Two of my favorites are What Child is This and Silent Night. Among the "not-so-traditionals" are:

Christmas Shoes (by New Song)
Christmas in Dixie (by Alabama)
... and who can resist ......................... Grandma Got Ran Over by a Reindeer!!!!

shawn o hairy
12-07-2005, 01:12 PM
Two of my favorites are What Child is This and Silent Night. Among the "not-so-traditionals" are:

... and who can resist ......................... Grandma Got Ran Over by a Reindeer!!!!
christmas in dixie,i had fogot about that song ,ive got to get it.

Guest_
12-07-2005, 03:56 PM
No one loves Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer? :)

iheartellisons
12-07-2005, 04:39 PM

the first time i heard Christmas shoes was in my car and it made me cry - not a good combo to drive and cry....but i love newsong!! they also have this Katrina mix of a song called rescue..it too made me cry..but they are such a good group.

Lylabean
12-07-2005, 05:10 PM
I love Christmas songs! in fact so much I'll listen to them all year round ;)

a few favorites:

Carol of the Bells
Little Drummer Boy
Santa Claus is coming to town (Bruce Springstein version)
Feliz Navidad

I too like Grandma got runover by a reindeer..hehe I also like the parody song "walking round in women's underwear." :-D

Lynn

wilebill
12-07-2005, 10:54 PM
Feliz Nobby Blah, by what's-his-name. :grin:

mccole79
12-08-2005, 12:27 AM
I can't narrow it down to one, but here are my faves:

O Holy Night
Carol of the Bells
Sing We Now of Christmas
Mary Did You Know?
Percy, the Puny Poinsettia
Jeff Foxworthy's Redneck 12 Days of Christmas

I could go on and on... Christmas music in general is one of my faves, and I could listen to it all year long!

XC9
12-08-2005, 12:57 AM
Silent Night sang by Reba McEntyre is awesome too. I agree with you on Christmas In Dixie too.:smt038

MSQueen
12-09-2005, 10:02 AM
and what about "Christmas in Canebrake"?! anybody heard it on the radio this year?

Buggy
12-09-2005, 05:08 PM
"I Farted on Santa's Lap"

reality
12-09-2005, 05:25 PM
"I Farted on Santa's Lap"

I've never heard that one Buggy. Have you done that before? hehe :smt118