View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Good morning!

Quote Originally Posted by damnyank View Post
    Happy universal Saturday - day before we leave for 4 days in Vegas.

Hope everyone has a great day and please stay safe!
    That sounds like Wednesday or so. Just to let you know here in California the heat will be 107 on Saturday, 100 on Sunday, and 110 on Monday. Which means it will be hotter than that for a couple of days before the weekend in Vegas as our heat comes from there and they get it quicker and more intensely than we do. All this to say don't forget your Sunscreen. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. and now...............Souther n Miss

Quote Originally Posted by daisy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett O'Hara View Post
    I am so offended by this!!!!!!!!!!! When did the president of a college become a dictator? No vote............

Remember this is Ole Miss that traded Colonel Reb for a bear? They are Ole Miss (Sometimes the miss means they are missing in some kind of reasoning .)

Someone tell me why we are talking about USM?

I was talking about Ole Miss taking the state flag down.

The dummies had better remember the governor is on the college ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Float report: Chunky River to Chickasawhay 7/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by krue View Post
    Put in at Stucky Bridge on the Chunky. Water level was borderline for the float, much lower and it would be a hike. Excellent elevation changes along most of the way but when it wasn't dropping it was dead calm pools. Interesting mix of fast water and slow water. Real rock instead of soapstone was nice. Great scenery for the most part, but not a lot of places to stop and rest. Only one sandbar that I remember.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Float report: Okatoma Kola Road to Seminary

Once again levels were higher than normal, once again it was a good thing. I was able to float over or around trees that otherwise would have blocked the whole creek. I did have to drag around a few. Needs to be cleared before I would float again, especially if the level is lower.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Float report: Okatoma to Bouie to Leaf 6/28/15

Put in at Okatoma River Resort and float 22.2 miles to boat ramp on old bypass in Hattiesburg. Water levels were a little high, which was a good thing because the last mile of the Okatoma had a lot of snags, including several that we had to get out and drag our boats around. The Bouie was more of the same almost all the way to Pep's Point Road. It cleared out there and was good floating all the way to the gravel pits. A headwind sucked there but what're you going to do. It was a long days float
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast