My Mood
    Cheerful
    MH Bucks
    Bank
    Total MH Bucks
    Donate

Fire Chief Jim Fiero resigns

Fire chief resigns

Hattiesburg Fire Department Chief Jim Fiero has resigned, Mayor Johnny DuPree said Monday.

“He feels he’s fulfilled his duty here and helped move the fire department forward, and now he wants to go home,” DuPree said.

http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/a...EWS01/60529003

I wonder if anyone saw this one coming??
    From beating the National Champions in 2008, to aiming for a National Championship in 2009 ... WE ARE OLE MISS!

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    MH Bucks
    Bank
    Total MH Bucks
    Donate

Re: Fire Chief Jim Fiero resigns

Quote Originally Posted by hubbarrister
    I wonder if anyone saw this one coming??
    Naw, not really...but I say goodbye and good riddance....now maybe someone from inside the dept can get the position.
    Mmm, mmm now that's some high quality H2O.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    MH Bucks
    Bank
    Total MH Bucks
    Donate
    Just Because - Just A Nobody 

I would be very surprised if the mayor and Rev. Fairley appointed someone with-in the dept. I really doubt that will happen! I have to wonder though "if the truth was known", was this a decision by Fiero on his own accord or was it caused by pressure from the mayors, especially after he applied for the Texas job before telling them first. I would imagine that since that time they have probably made his life misrable! You know that was an embarrasement for them to be the last to know!

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    MH Bucks
    Bank
    Total MH Bucks
    Donate

After his gf bashed the administration, and Commodore and Wynn specifically, in the paper, I pretty much guessed it was only a matter of time before Fiero left.

Seriously, I wish him well. Just about anything would be better than dealing with the antics of DuPree and the Puppetmaster.
    From beating the National Champions in 2008, to aiming for a National Championship in 2009 ... WE ARE OLE MISS!

TheKing Guest

any time someone announces their candidacy to be a part of a team somewhere else, they want to leave...its just a matter of how and when.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    MH Bucks
    Bank
    Total MH Bucks
    Donate

One other thought: In reading the article again, I note that the Mayor received Fiero's resignation last week, but apparently decided to go public with it today. I also understand that Fiero wanted to tell the firemen in the department as well before it came up in the media.

Today is a day we honor our servicemen who have paid the ultimate price in defending our liberties. Yet, at 6 p.m. WDAM led with the story of Fiero's resignation. This could have waited until tomorrow when city offices will be open.

To the Mayor, I say, "Shame on You!".

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    MH Bucks
    Bank
    Total MH Bucks
    Donate

BTW, Hub ...

A little birdie told me that Jim Fiero has a felony on his record. You might check into this.

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." - ALBERT EINSTEIN

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    MH Bucks
    Bank
    Total MH Bucks
    Donate

There is someone from within the department that Mayor Fairley might approve of, but the person that meets the right 'qualifications' may be a little too far down the line to get the promotion. Then again, senority and experience doesn't seem to be that important to the present administration.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    MH Bucks
    Bank
    Total MH Bucks
    Donate

This is true...and its not just at the fire dept....this policy is city wide.
    Mmm, mmm now that's some high quality H2O.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Confused
    MH Bucks
    Bank
    Total MH Bucks
    Donate

Not to argue that Dupree is competent, but sometimes, senority and experience are a bad thing. I hate when people think they deserve something just because they've been working there longer than someone else.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    MH Bucks
    Bank
    Total MH Bucks
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by runfire
    There is someone from within the department that Mayor Fairley might approve of, but the person that meets the right 'qualifications' may be a little too far down the line to get the promotion. Then again, senority and experience doesn't seem to be that important to the present administration.
    Frank won't be offered .. They'll flounder around under Kenny Miller for several months before they hire anyone. $$ saved in unfilled positions goes back into general fund and can be spent elsewhere.

They have some qualified people in house, but each one is lacking in certain areas. Of course, qualifications and competency are the least important criteria for this administration.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    MH Bucks
    Bank
    Total MH Bucks
    Donate

So do you think we can expect a response from him in the same manner as Melissa's? Considering that he saw and heard plenty while Chief, I sincerely hope so. She certainly wasn't afraid to put the truth out there and I hope he will do the same. Of course, the Mayor will simply label him as disgruntled (as he did Ms. Massengill) and move on. Because as you all know, if you don't agree with him , you're just disgruntled. Period. It couldn't POSSIBLY be anything else.
    And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more. ~ Dr. Seuss

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    MH Bucks
    Bank
    Total MH Bucks
    Donate

I had some friends on the department called me today and told me the news. You talk about a happy group of firefighters!

But as some of them said, they were afraid to say anything about Fiero because one, they were afraid of retalliation if he found out that they disagreed with him, and second his profanity laced tyrates towards members of the department were getting old in a hurry. As one firefighter said, "I wish him the best in Texas, and can't wait for him to get there". The media is making it sound like he was a savior to the HFD but in reality he ruined the respect the HFD had statewide and it is never reported that he was FIRED from the department in Texas before DuPree hired him.

I believe Fiero may have done some good while he was here, but according to the majority of the Firefighters, this was another DuPree mistake in political judgement. I hope someone can establish the respect the HFD was famous for before Fiero. I wonder if there is anyone inside the department who has the qualifications to lead? If not I hope the council digs deep into the background and qualifications of whoever the next chief may be.
    "There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"
    Frank Zappa

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    MH Bucks
    Bank
    Total MH Bucks
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Seeking Answers
    So do you think we can expect a response from him in the same manner as Melissa's? Considering that he saw and heard plenty while Chief, I sincerely hope so. She certainly wasn't afraid to put the truth out there and I hope he will do the same. Of course, the Mayor will simply label him as disgruntled (as he did Ms. Massengill) and move on. Because as you all know, if you don't agree with him , you're just disgruntled. Period. It couldn't POSSIBLY be anything else.
    [emphasis added to quote for purposes of this reply]

Hmmmm. Kinda like being labeled as a *naysayer* if you disagree with good ole Hubba. (Reference ... Hubbarrister, Esq.'s shot over Wayward's bow in the OG City thread.)

Must be a politician or aspiring politician thing.
    Wayward

One good thing about stupidity - you can be pretty sure it's genuine.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    MH Bucks
    Bank
    Total MH Bucks
    Donate

Wayward, Wayward, Wayward... when I refer to you as a naysayer, it is because you biggest purpose here has seemed to be to disagree with anything and EVERYTHING I have had to say. From virtually your first post on here, to this thread on the Oak Grove incorporation, I can't recall you expressing agreement with me on anything. Are you just that negative, by nature? Even Wilebill, SoMiss and some others who have strongly disagreed with me on things, have agreed with me on other things. I have a lot of patience and am very mild mannered (ask people who know me), but your posts with regard to me lack objectivity. It seems you disagree for the sake of disagreeing.

fuzzis Guest

Wayward, Wayward, Wayward... when I refer to you as a naysayer, it is because you biggest purpose here has seemed to be to disagree with anything and EVERYTHING I have had to say. From virtually your first post on here, to this thread on the Oak Grove incorporation, I can't recall you expressing agreement with me on anything. Are you just that negative, by nature? Even Wilebill, SoMiss and some others who have strongly disagreed with me on things, have agreed with me on other things. I have a lot of patience and am very mild mannered (ask people who know me), but your posts with regard to me lack objectivity. It seems you disagree for the sake of disagreeing.
    Condescension ("Wayward, Wayward, Wayward...") wins you no favor when Wayward has been asking well-reasoned questions. Ones that you as one of the players in this incorporation proposal should have been prepared and able to adequately answer.

fuzzis

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    MH Bucks
    Bank
    Total MH Bucks
    Donate

Wayward has been around far longer than the OG thread. It's fine to disagree, and certainly I have no monopoly on wisdom. I've compared him to Tom Daschle during the W's first term -- criticize for the sake of criticizing and pure, for lack of a better word, partisanship.

Just as I'm not always right, I'm not always wrong either. That is all I'm getting it.

On that note...back to Fiero leavng Hattiesburg FD!

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    MH Bucks
    Bank
    Total MH Bucks
    Donate

Hubbarrister,

One comment and then the thread can move on. Since you've chosen to do a little name calling or labeling, I thought the analogy between Seeking Answers comment about Mayor DuPree labeling someone who disagrees as disgruntled fit pretty nicely with the naysayer label you have chosen for me. It was simply an analogy.

I disagreed strongly with some statements and allegations you posted during and after the Lamar County School Bond issue. Those issues have passed on ... but that was a year ago.

I strongly disagree with some of your rhetoric concerning the OG incorporation movement. I'm not an insider in the process so I need to ask questions in order to learn. You've placed yourself as a knowledgeable insider so you're the MyHattiesburg go to person for the issue. It's a role you assumed. If an answer or comment is not to the point or convoluted, I'll probably ask again, maybe in a different way. It's part of the process.

I neither stereotype nor create demeaning labels for folks. I simply try to discuss, share, and question. Rather than continue hijacking this thread ... I'll be happy to meet you over at the 'say something nice about Hubbarrister' thread and carry on.
    Wayward

One good thing about stupidity - you can be pretty sure it's genuine.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    MH Bucks
    Bank
    Total MH Bucks
    Donate

Well....you actually posted something on that thread, and laced it with sarcasm too...

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Confused
    MH Bucks
    Bank
    Total MH Bucks
    Donate

JESUS!!! Can you guys get a room??? I swear, it's like a couple of elementary age kids nah-nah-ing at each other. PM each other this stuff!!!