Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Worried
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Prayer Request Thread

I thought it would be wonderful to start a prayer request thread for all us who is requesting/needing prayer.
    I believe in all my heart the power of prayer and think this would be a great way to get more prayers lifted for those in need...

I will go ahead by asking for all of you to pray for the Holcomb family of Petal.
    A young man by the name of Chris lost his life this past Saturday. His truck struck a tree and the truck burst into flames. Chris was only 24. Just the Saturday prior he was in his siters wedding. I can only imagine what she and her parents are going through right now.
    Please pray for this family during this time of loss and suffering.
    I should be monogramming something!
    Your Southern Living at Home Consultant!
    Let's Party!!!!!!!

2. Thanks Miss Andie thanked for this post
    Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Re: Prayer Request Thread

Wow- I can't imagine how hard that must be. I will definately keep them in my prayers.

Thank you for starting this thread. I think it's good for me to hear what others are going through because it keeps me from getting too caught up in what's going on in my life. It's so easy to be self-absorbed and forget that there are others out there hurting and in need of love and prayer.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

I always pray for the family when I read about an accident like that. It just tears your heart out.

(Speaking of prayers, when I was in New Orleans I picked up the habit -- from my Catholic friends -- of making the sign of the cross when an ambulance comes past on a call. Just a quick little prayer for the person involved.)
    "deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed"

5. Moderated Post
    Guest Member Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pEtAl mIsFiT View Post
    I thought it would be wonderful to start a prayer request thread for all us who is requesting/needing prayer.
    I believe in all my heart the power of prayer and think this would be a great way to get more prayers lifted for those in need...

I will go ahead by asking for all of you to pray for the Holcomb family of Petal.
    A young man by the name of Chris lost his life this past Saturday. His truck struck a tree and the truck burst into flames. Chris was only 24. Just the Saturday prior he was in his siters wedding. I can only imagine what she and her parents are going through right now.

This is a great thread and I am so glad you started it!!! Thank you MisFit!

6. Moderated Post
    Guest Member Guest

We pray that the families who have lost loved ones at VA Tech will be comforted and that they will find the kind of peace that only you can give, a peace that will get them through this difficult time.

We pray for the shocked community that is full of questions that can't be answered. And we pray for the shooter's family - how difficult it must be to accept that someone you love could do something so horrible and that so many lives and families could be destroyed in a short period of time.

God, give us the ability to comfort each other during this time and to rely on your strength. And, when things happen that we don't understand - things that seem so senseless and beyond our control - help us to remember that you are in control of all things.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Thanks gang... We could all use a little more prayer in our lives... either for us or by us...
    "Forget about your worries and your strife... "

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Well, I wanted to thank you PetalMisfit, but there are no "Thanks" buttons on the first four posts. ??

So, thank you for starting this thread.
    My lover is mine and I am his... ~ Song of Solomon 2:16

9. Thanks SKay thanked for this post
    Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Well, I feel like this is a really trivial prayer request (especially considering all that's going on in the world today)... but, If any of you could just take a small moment sometime this week and say a little one for me? I will be taking the National Counselor Exam this Saturday, and comps next Friday. I'm so overwhelmed right now, but I trust God (and my motivation ) to help get me through. I know I worry too much, but there's a lot of pressure riding on these 2 tests... if I don't pass- then I've basically spent 2 really rough years for nothing...

Thanks... So glad I have you guys to turn to!!!

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by LipsofanAngel View Post
    Well, I feel like this is a really trivial prayer request (especially considering all that's going on in the world today)... but, If any of you could just take a small moment sometime this week and say a little one for me? I will be taking the National Counselor Exam this Saturday, and comps next Friday. I'm so overwhelmed right now, but I trust God (and my motivation ) to help get me through. I know I worry too much, but there's a lot of pressure riding on these 2 tests... if I don't pass- then I've basically spent 2 really rough years for nothing...

As someone who has done graduate comps, I know the anxiety you are feeling.

Just keep in mind that you have been building your knowledge base through all of your courses. You know a lot more than you think you know.

You really do.

"Live well, laugh often, love much"

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused
    Blog Entries
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Lips, your request is important to you and I will think of you. I took NTE and comps years ago. Study until then and get some rest and a good breakfast and take enough pencils or pens.

13. Moderated Post
    Doc Guest

this is a really trivial prayer request
    I don't believe any prayer to God is trivial. I'll gladly pray for this request.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Worried
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Lips, I know in my heart you will do fine. I will also send us some power prayers...
    Let's Party!!!!!!!

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Worried
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

My heart is is just broken for the students and families at Virginia Tech. This is just horrible. I just can believe this. I read one of the papers the shooter wrote and he was indeed a troubled man. I just hate he did not get any help and felt that he had to do this.
    Let's Party!!!!!!!

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Thank you Petal for creating this thread. It's a wonderful one!

I'd like for all of you to remember my great uncle in you prayers. He is having a quadruple bypass this morning in Jackson.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by pEtAl mIsFiT View Post

I ask the same. I know his mamma and it upset me terribly that this happened and the family has to go through this.

18. Moderated Post
    Guest Member Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
    Thank you Petal for creating this thread. It's a wonderful one!

I'd like for all of you to remember my great uncle in you prayers. He is having a quadruple bypass this morning in Jackson.
    Thank you all for praying. He came through the surgery beautifully.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Worried
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

that is wonderful news QM, I hope he has a speedy recovery!
    Let's Party!!!!!!!

20. Moderated Post
    Guest Member Guest

Thankyou MisFit. And, while we're praying for the VT campus, the victims and their families, we need to remember Cho's family. I posted their first public statement in the VT massacre thread. They are hurting so much over what Cho has done and they are grieving along with the rest of the nation. They can't even begin to understand why this has happened. So sad.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Worried
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

your absolutely right, I can only imagine what they are dealing with the loss of their son and I am sure they too are asking the same question WHY? I bet it is so hard for them to watch tv, look at the paper and even go out in public with people knowing they are his parents.. I hate all this happened!
    Let's Party!!!!!!!

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused
    Blog Entries
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

I have a cousin whose daughter who is basically legally blind. I forget the name of the disease or syndrome. The little girl is 6 and is also on home dialysis every night and is in a regular school. My cousin is going to give her kidney to her daughter soon.

They are both going through counseling and all the preliminary testing and screening. I hear it will be much harder for the donor, the mother.

The mother is probably about 41. This is her only child and the father is very supportive and designed the equipment set up and helps as well.

Oh by the way, they live in Texas.