Page 2 of 299 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Prayer Request Thread

1. Moderated Post
    Guest Member Guest

Re: Prayer Request Thread

Quote Originally Posted by daisy View Post
    I have a cousin whose daughter who is basically legally blind. I forget the name of the disease or syndrome. The little girl is 6 and is also on home dialysis every night and is in a regular school. My cousin is going to give her kidney to her daughter soon.

They are both going through counseling and all the preliminary testing and screening. I hear it will be much harder for the donor, the mother.

The mother is probably about 41. This is her onlychild and the father is very supportive and designed the equipment set up and helps as well.

Daisy, I can think of little that would make a parent feel more helpless than a seriously ill child. At least the mother's kidney is compatible and something can be done. I will pray for their family and I hope things go well for them. Please keep us posted.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Worried
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

thanks for the request daisy, I will pray for them as well keep us posted on how things are going....
    I should be monogramming something!
    Your Southern Living at Home Consultant!
    Let's Party!!!!!!!

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by Hermione View Post
    I always pray for the family when I read about an accident like that. It just tears your heart out.

(Speaking of prayers, when I was in New Orleans I picked up the habit -- from my Catholic friends -- of making the sign of the cross when an ambulance comes past on a call. Just a quick little prayer for the person involved.)
    Nice pun Hermione. I'm surprised at the lack of prayer requests. I'm with Doc. No need is trivial to God. Don't think yours is. I won't. Quite frankly I'm really struggling about moving back to Hattiesburg or staying here in Greenville. I've been praying about it and I would appreciate it if you guys would pray for an answer too. Thanks.

4. Moderated Post
    Guest Member Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dollfus46 View Post
    Nice pun Hermione. I'm surprised at the lack of prayer requests. I'm with Doc. No need is trivial to God. Don't think yours is. I won't. Quite frankly I'm really struggling about moving back to Hattiesburg or staying here in Greenville. I've been praying about it and I would appreciate it if you guys would pray for an answer too. Thanks.
    Dollfus, that's a big decision. I'll pray that God will direct you to the right answer.

5. Moderated Post
    Guest Member Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fotno_ View Post
    Please,Please add me to the list.I have been sick since I got on the airplane at Dubai to come home.It's sinus crud,headache that would kill a normal human-being,body ache,you know the usual this time of year.Thanks a bunch.
    Fotno, I hope you're feeling better soon. I've got a list I keep in my Bible, and I'd be glad to add you to my list. I know others here will be praying for you as well.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by fotno_ View Post
    Please,Please add me to the list.I have been sick since I got on the airplane at Dubai to come home.It's sinus crud,headache that would kill a normal human-being,body ache,you know the usual this time of year.Thanks a bunch.
    Done, fotno. Hope you feel better.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Mother View Post
    Dollfus, that's a big decision. I'll pray that God will direct you to the right answer.
    Thanks, QM. I appreciate it. My "home" is Hattiesburg, friends all around, but my son is here. Tough choice.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Just wanted to thank you all! I made it through the NCE yesterday... after comps on Friday, it'll be downhill! Thanks again for your thoughts & prayers!

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Worried
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

I knew you could do it lips had no doubt in my mind! Way to go Girl!!!!

Fotno, I will pray for you. My husband has the same mess and naturally it is really rough when you men get sick he he he

dollfus, I will pray for God to guide you in the right direction. I hate you are having to make such a hard decision...
    Let's Party!!!!!!!

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Fotno, I'll pray for you too, and since they say "the Lord helps those who helps themselves" you need to be slurping down the chicken soup!
    "deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed"

dream member Guest

Since I've graduated high school in 01...I've had many friends die from drug overdoses, killed in car accidents, and a few killed in the middle east. The reunion is going to be empty at this rate. I pray that people will see the light and that they don't have to learn EVERYTHING the hard way.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by randiandriien View Post
    Since I've graduated high school in 01...I've had many friends die from drug overdoses, killed in car accidents, and a few killed in the middle east. The reunion is going to be empty at this rate. I pray that people will see the light and that they don't have to learn EVERYTHING the hard way.
    Amazing. The HHS Class of '64 has lost zero to drugs. In fact we've lost about 12-14 total in this time. Pretty good record, huh? I'll pray for those losing the battle with drugs.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by randiandriien View Post
    I think I heard that you went to Long Beach High. Is that correct?

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

I think we all should pray for our police and fireman every day. They never know when the next call for service will be a life-changing event.
    Our life is a reflection of God's authority, and when we disobey, he is the One the world scoffs at.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Worried
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

I think we need to say a prayer for Aaron! God knows he has a load on him right now with the poll and the struggle with some members. I feel for him! I could not be in his shoes for a sec.
    Let's Party!!!!!!!

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

I posted earlier in this thread about my great uncle who had a quadruple by-pass last week. Although he has come through the surgery with only a few minor complications, he is teetering on the verge of a depression. In fact, my family is having a whole lot of trouble getting him to even eat a small something each day. I'd ask you all to please keep him in your prayers. He is having a tough time right now.

Also, my sister who will be graduating from Mississippi College in May with a degree in education has received a job offer to teach 6th grade math at Byram Middle School. She is very excited but is not sure whether she wants to take the job. Please remember her as she makes her first ADULT decision!

Thanks in advance for your prayers!
    Last edited by Monkey; 04-27-2007 at 12:24 AM.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Worried
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Monkey, I hate to hear about your Great Uncle not wanting to eat. I will be praying for yall...

My sis also graduated from MS College many years ago, great school. I will pray for God to guide her through this decision.
    Let's Party!!!!!!!

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Worried
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

I would like you all to remember my grandfather he was admitted to the hospital yesterday with his heart.
    Let's Party!!!!!!!

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by pEtAl mIsFiT View Post
    Monkey, I hate to hear about your Great Uncle not wanting to eat. I will be praying for yall...

My sis also graduated from MS College many years ago, great school. I will pray for God to guide her through this decision.
    Petal, thank you for your prayers.. He actually had to go back to the hospital tonight because of fluid around his heart. He is also dehydrated because he will not eat. I think he's having a difficult time.

I will also remember your granfather and your family in my prayers. I hope everything is OK with him.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hot
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

I would like to request that Dr. Keith Melancon be placed on the prayer request. He was diagnosed with a brain tumor last week and his Mother is a very dear friend of mine.....Thank you.....