Page 3 of 299 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Prayer Request Thread

1. Moderated Post
    Guest Member Guest

Re: Prayer Request Thread

Quote Originally Posted by OLDLADY View Post
    I would like to request that Dr. Keith Melancon be placed on the prayer request. He was diagnosed with a brain tumor last week and his Mother is a very dear friend of mine.....Thank you.....
    I heard about that this morning, Old Lady. I'll definitely remember him and his family in my prayers.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Worried
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

he is a wonderful christian doctor. I will be praying for them as well. I hate to hear about this.
    I also heard from my sons pediatrician that they have another pediatrician in the clinic that just found out their baby of six months has a brain tumor.
    I should be monogramming something!
    Your Southern Living at Home Consultant!
    Let's Party!!!!!!!

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hot
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Can you tell us who your pediatrian is or which clinic?? Thoughts and prayeers with them, also.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Worried
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Dr Burks is who told me on 4-26 I want to say it is Dr Richardson who has the baby not 100%
    Let's Party!!!!!!!

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

St. Thomas Church bulliten has a request for all members to pray for Dr. Melacon as well as we have in service Sun. I wish him great luck and pray all will be well for him.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Breezy
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by pEtAl mIsFiT View Post
    I would like you all to remember my grandfather he was admitted to the hospital yesterday with his heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by OLDLADY View Post
    I would like to request that Dr. Keith Melancon be placed on the prayer request. He was diagnosed with a brain tumor last week and his Mother is a very dear friend of mine.....Thank you.....
    Quote Originally Posted by pEtAl mIsFiT View Post
    he is a wonderful christian doctor. I will be praying for them as well. I hate to hear about this.
    I also heard from my sons pediatrician that they have another pediatrician in the clinic that just found out their baby of six months has a brain tumor.
    My gosh...I'm sending thoughts and prayers out for all.

Petal Misfit, how's your grandfather doing?

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

I will pray for Dr. Melancon as well. He was a favorite student in medical school of my friend who is a student coordinator at LSU-Med. I'll let her know -- she's a fierce pray-er.
    "deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed"

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Confused
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

I would like my Uncle Loyd placed on the prayer request at your churches. He is 87 years old, an Alzheimer's patient, has been taken away from his home by a brother who basically kidnapped him from my care and took him out of state. I found out today that he is in a hospice, and I'm fearful that means he hasn't long to live. I'm deep into a legal proceeding to have him brought back to Mississippi, and it's going well, but . . . I'm very sorrowful tonight, and my Uncle needs prayers so much. For that matter, so do I.

Sue
    No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness. Aristotle

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

OLD LADY, you beat me to it! I was going to ask for prater for Dr. Melancon. He is mine & DH's doctor. I have known him for many years & I can tell you that I know for a FACT that he has treated several people who did not have the money to pay, & he wroye their bills off. One of the eople that he did this for was a family memeber of mine. He is a wonderful Christian man & he not only talks the talk, but walks the walk.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Worried
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    My gosh...I'm sending thoughts and prayers out for all.

Petal Misfit, how's your grandfather doing?

My grandfather is at home now still not really great. He is going day by day. He wants to do so much but his body won't allow it. He has always had a garden and he is trying his best to garden but just gives out.
    Thank you all for your prayers.
    I believe in the power of prayer and that is why I started this thread. We all need prayer from time to time. Prayer and God's grace has got me throught some really tough times.
    Let's Party!!!!!!!

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Worried
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

lots going on w/ my family right now....

my cousin in a freak accident killed a 10 yr old boy and needs prayer as well as the boys family. The boy was also an only child.

my great aunt has cancer and they were going to do surgery to remove it but when they opened her up the cancer is everywhere. My aunt has no idead that she has it as bad as she does her kids do and don't know how to tell her and to deal with this since this has come as a shock.

my grandfather has colon cancer and they have found a spot on his lungs not sure if it is cancer or not but we go back to the doctor on July 6 for another x-ray.

Please keep them in your prayers!
    Let's Party!!!!!!!

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Misfit, I will pray for you and your family. My husband had colon cancer and Dr. Girod removed the cancer and he is fine now. I am sorry for your cousin and this will take a lot of time for him to come to grips with it-he just has to keep being told it was just that-an accident. My prayers are with you and your family. Keep your hopes strong for your grandfather. Colon cancer can be beat. If he needs a surgeon here in town for this Dr. Girod at Wesley is the man to talk to. Good luck and keep the faith. God knows what will be best and will help guide you through your troubles.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

OMG! This is the first time I have had a chance to check this thread in over a month....my puter has been down...I was so shocked to hear about Dr. Melancon.

I have been a patient with him since 03....he did the surgery on my leg after I was blind-sided in the nasty car wreck. I had gone to several other docs and they kept telling me there was nothing wrong with the leg...Dr. Melancon found the problem and took care of it...gosh this has ruined my day!

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hot
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Misfit, you and your family are in our prayers and thoughts. On an update....Dr. Melancon had his sugery yesterday and I heard prognosis is good. They do believe they got all of the large tumor. It was in very early stages of cancer, and he hopes to continue to be a doctor and consult as he no longer can be a surgeon. Please continue to keep this family in your prayers also. Thanks.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Worried
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

thanks old lady I appreciate as well as my family does.

That is good news for Dr Melancon I will keep praying for them

It seems like more than ever that the news you hear is just so sad and depressing. Lots of sickness,cancer, deaths, missing children and etc. I don't know if it is I am older and watching more news or is it the devil is working overtime...
    Let's Party!!!!!!!

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused
    Blog Entries
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by daisy View Post
    I have a cousin whose daughter who is basically legally blind. I forget the name of the disease or syndrome. The little girl is 6 and is also on home dialysis every night and is in a regular school. My cousin is going to give her kidney to her daughter soon.

They are both going through counseling and all the preliminary testing and screening. I hear it will be much harder for the donor, the mother.

The mother is probably about 41. This is her only child and the father is very supportive and designed the equipment set up and helps as well.

Oh by the way, they live in Texas.
    I just got an update on my little 2nd cousin Erin who is 7.

She was in the middle of a kidney transplant today. A donor became available--not the Mom, Kim. Erin has been on nightly dialysis set up by Kim and Rick, the parents.

The dr. came out to tell the family it is going well. Appreciate your prayers for the family and Erin.

Also, my uncle is having prostate surgery Friday a.m. in Mobile.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Thanks for the updates.

Petal, it does seem like a lot of bad news all around us. Probably some of it is that because of computers, TV, etc we just hear about so much, and of course as we get older we know more people, the people we know are getting older, etc. etc.
    But on the bright side, here are two people who would have just died, a hundred years ago. We have a lot to be grateful for.
    "deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed"

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

I got an update on Dr. Melancon's condition today. A lady who works there(at Southern Bone & Joint) said that he will have to take chemo & that he would never be able to do surgery again, but that he is hoping to be able to come back to his office & see his patients. The tumor was malignant so that is why he will have to take chemo. This fine Christian man needs all of the prayer that he can get. My husband & I pray for him daily.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Hburg has lost a fine surgeron if Doc Melancon can't do surgery anymore. My prayers are with him and his family....he did my knee surgery and has really helped me alot...
    I am pretty sure he told me he writes for medical journals and teaches also so that will be a blessing to have him here to do that.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused
    Blog Entries
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

I just heard from family and Erin, the 7 year old cousin came through surgery and us now in i.c.u. The mother is the only one able to go in and visit and Kim, the mother was sent to Ronald McDonald House to rest.

Hospital staff said Erin is very sedated and needs rest. Kim, the mother does as well. Kim just finished a 40 hr. week at her part-time job and gotnotice this morning that a donor was available.

I will keep ya'll posted. I am glad Kim didn't have to donate 1 of her kidneys because she has high blood pressure and is very thin. And it takes the donor a long time to recuperate.

Of course, I am sorry about the other with the donor.

All this in Houston, Texas.