Page 4 of 299 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Prayer Request Thread

1. Moderated Post
    Guest Member Guest

Re: Prayer Request Thread

Quote Originally Posted by daisy View Post
    I just heard from family and Erin, the 7 year old cousin came through surgery and us now in i.c.u. The mother is the only one able to go in and visit and Kim, the mother was sent to Ronald McDonald House to rest.

Hospital staff said Erin is very sedated and needs rest. Kim, the mother does as well. Kim just finished a 40 hr. week at her part-time job and gotnotice this morning that a donor was available.

I will keep ya'll posted. I am glad Kim didn't have to donate 1 of her kidneys because she has high blood pressure and is very thin. And it takes the donor a long time to recuperate.

Of course, I am sorry about the other with the donor.

All this in Houston, Texas.
    That's all very good news Daisy. We'll continue to pray for them.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Worried
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

my cousin robin told me this weekend she found out three weeks ago she has breast cancer. I am so mad with her cause she has not went back to the doctor, started treatment, told her parents nothing I am the only one she has told. How can I help someone who won't help themselves. I know she must be scared, she is a single 37 year old. Please keep her in your prayers
    I should be monogramming something!
    Your Southern Living at Home Consultant!
    Let's Party!!!!!!!

3. Moderated Post
    Guest Member Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pEtAl mIsFiT View Post
    my cousin robin told me this weekend she found out three weeks ago she has breast cancer. I am so mad with her cause she has not went back to the doctor, started treatment, told her parents nothing I am the only one she has told. How can I help someone who won't help themselves. I know she must be scared, she is a single 37 year old. Please keep her in your prayers
    PMsFit, I can't imagine going through something like that by yourself. Since she has confided in you, it's obvious that she trusts you. You'll just have to convince her that it's okay to be scared and it's okay to ask for help. That's certainly not something that can be kept a secret.

I'll put her in my prayers - and your family.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Worried
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

I am just about scared to talk to anybody in my family now all the news I have been getting is just bad. My great aunt went to the doctor Friday to find out she has just a couple of months to live that the cancer is too far gone
    Let's Party!!!!!!!

5. Moderated Post
    Guest Member Guest

I am just about scared to talk to anybody in my family now all the news I have been getting is just bad. My great aunt went to the doctor Friday to find out she has just a couple of months to live that the cancer is too far gone
    You have gotten so much bad news in such a short period of time MisFit.

I know you have great faith - In addition to my Bible, there is a book I have reread a thousand times written by Dr. Charles Stanley called "How to Handle Adversity." It's a small book and you can read it in one sitting.

That book reminds me of certain scriptures and different ways to cope with adversity from minor to major events. Even through adversity, you are never alone and God will find a million ways to show Himself to you as you work to keep your faith strong. Even when there are no answers to some of life's blows, He gets you through them without having to have an answer.

If you have a chance, pick up this book - it's one you'll be glad to have and maybe share with others.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Worried
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

thanks I might pick this up for me and one for my cousin to read, do you think it would help her as well?
    Let's Party!!!!!!!

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

PetalMisfit, sorry to hear that about your cousin & aunt. I'll be praying for you all... especially that your cousin will get the courage to go to the doctor for treatment.
    My lover is mine and I am his... ~ Song of Solomon 2:16

8. Moderated Post
    Guest Member Guest

Yes, I think it would be fine - I read the book several times when my husband had cancer.

On the inside book jacket, it says:

"Adversity is a reality that no one can avoid. Everyone asks why when adversity strikes. Yet Stanley contends, 'As much as we all want to know the answer to the why question, it is really not the most significant question. The real question each of us needs to ask is, 'How should I respond?'"

If you wanted, you could read it first and then decide for yourself if it might be appropriate for her or any of your family. It gives lots of scriptures to go along with it, too. My book is all marked up - that's how many times I've read it.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Worried
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

yeah maybe I should read it put a message in it and pass it from family member to family member to friend.

Oh I hear Dr Melancon is ready to come home and he is doing well. A neighbor told me this weekend she had a prayer blanket that they are praying over for him and they all sign it with a message.
    Let's Party!!!!!!!

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Petal Misfit, I'll be praying for your whole family. When a family member has cancer it effects everyone. Both your aunt and cousin are in my prayers.

eyescene Guest

Prayers going up!!!

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

I know exactly how you feel. Back in January, my grandfather and great-uncle both had heart-attacks within a week of each other. My grandfather ended up passing away. That was the hardest time in my life. I too didn't want to talk to anyone. It seemed that everytime someone called me, it was bad news. I'm sorry for your bad news!!!

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

My prayers are with you, feel better soon.
    www.donanelles.com hawkeye's boss and squaw

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hot
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

My prayers and thoughts are with ya'll

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

petal misfit, love and prayers to both you and your sick family members. I been there, done that. Back, well almost 11 yrs ago now...my husband had to have quad bypass...died three times on the operating room table...many complications after that...at the same time my mom had been diagnoised with lung cancer.

I could never have coped with it all had it not been for the love and prayers of my friends and family members. Sadly I lost my mom to the cancer in 1999 but my hubby is doing well so far. Keep the faith and the Good Lord will see you thru whatever you come face to face with. I will continue my prayers for all of your.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

I am asking for prayers for my family and myself. We have been faced with a major crisis and we all just need strength to get through it and endure it. Need peace and need guidance. We are praying for a miracle and believe miracles happen. God has a plan but this one is hard to understand but I know we are not to try. I am going to pick up that Charles Stanley book - that sounds great. He has another one that is GREAT - When God is Silent - uses the background of Job for his teaching. Sometimes I just want to remind the Lord that my name is NOT JOB. Anyway, I heard something the other day - Greater Glory through Sufferring. I do believe God wants to see how we react to the adversity and if we give up. Well we aren't going to do that - but it is tiring. If you could just remember us in your prayers

17. Moderated Post
    Guest Member Guest

FSweet, I'll definitely put you and your family on my prayer list. We may never know the 'why.' And if it's a medical situation, I've learned first hand that you pray non-stop asking for God's power to be seen through a miracle. You pray will all the faith and expectation you can muster. If that's not to be His answer, the Holy Spirit will let you know when the time has come to pray for God's mercy. We worship a loving God and He will not allow you and your family to suffer more than you can stand. He will see you through even on the darkest days. Trust and pray.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Try to not get hung up on the "why". There is a reason and you may never understand but the good Lord knows and will not let you carry more than you can bear. Keep your faith in Him and feel His love, it will ease the suffering. My prayers are with you.
    www.donanelles.com hawkeye's boss and squaw

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Worried
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

fkingsweet
    I am sorry to hear about your troubles but know I will be praying for you all. Don't loose your faith and be strong.
    Let's Party!!!!!!!

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amazed
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by fkingsweet View Post
    I am asking for prayers for my family and myself. We have been faced with a major crisis and we all just need strength to get through it and endure it. Need peace and need guidance. We are praying for a miracle and believe miracles happen. God has a plan but this one is hard to understand but I know we are not to try. I am going to pick up that Charles Stanley book - that sounds great. He has another one that is GREAT - When God is Silent - uses the background of Job for his teaching. Sometimes I just want to remind the Lord that my name is NOT JOB. Anyway, I heard something the other day - Greater Glory through Sufferring. I do believe God wants to see how we react to the adversity and if we give up. Well we aren't going to do that - but it is tiring. If you could just remember us in your prayers
    fkingsweet,
    You and your family are in my prayers. I love y'all.

Pinky