Page 5 of 299 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 5962

Thread: Prayer Request Thread

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hattiesburg
    Posts
    13,061
    Hub Bucks
    21,920
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic
    My Feedback
    0
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Rep Power
    38

    Re: Prayer Request Thread

    I haven't responded to many of these posts, but just want y'all to know that I do pray for each one of these requests as I read them.
    "deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed"

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,765
    Hub Bucks
    100
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Confused
    My Feedback
    0
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Prayer Request Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Elle May View Post
    Try to not get hung up on the "why". There is a reason and you may never understand but the good Lord knows and will not let you carry more than you can bear. Keep your faith in Him and feel His love, it will ease the suffering. My prayers are with you.
    Ditto.
    No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness. Aristotle

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,765
    Hub Bucks
    100
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Confused
    My Feedback
    0
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Prayer Request Thread

    Ya'll keep my family, my uncle Loyd particularly, in your prayers this evening. I have a court hearing in the morning, a consolidation of all motions outstanding in my conservatorship case, and once those are ruled upon by the judge, it should clear the way for the Tennessee court to recognize Mississippi's jurisdiction under the Full Faith and Credit Clause of our United States Constitution, and allow me to travel to Tennessee and get my uncle BACK home, where he's always wanted to be. (He's under hospice care in Tennessee right now, and that isn't good, but . . whatever it takes, I intend to bring him home.)

    And, by the way, if any of you EVER need a fine, fine a**-kicking litigator, let me know by private mail.

    Sue
    No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness. Aristotle

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    15,043
    Hub Bucks
    100
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    0
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: Prayer Request Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by fkingsweet View Post
    I am asking for prayers for my family and myself. We have been faced with a major crisis and we all just need strength to get through it and endure it. Need peace and need guidance. We are praying for a miracle and believe miracles happen. God has a plan but this one is hard to understand but I know we are not to try. I am going to pick up that Charles Stanley book - that sounds great. He has another one that is GREAT - When God is Silent - uses the background of Job for his teaching. Sometimes I just want to remind the Lord that my name is NOT JOB. Anyway, I heard something the other day - Greater Glory through Sufferring. I do believe God wants to see how we react to the adversity and if we give up. Well we aren't going to do that - but it is tiring. If you could just remember us in your prayers
    Wish Zorro would step in here, but the Lord won't give you a mountain you can't climb if you look to Him for deliverence. You believe that and remember it, sweet. I have added you and your family to my prayer list. God will bless.

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Mother Earth
    Posts
    5,250
    Hub Bucks
    100
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine
    My Feedback
    0
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: Prayer Request Thread

    Good luck Sue. Hope it ends well for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    www.donanelles.com hawkeye's boss and squaw

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Petal
    Posts
    5,654
    Hub Bucks
    100
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Worried
    My Feedback
    0
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Prayer Request Thread

    Sue Keep Us Posted
    I should be monogramming something!
    Your Southern Living at Home Consultant!
    Let's Party!!!!!!!

  7. Moderated Post
    Doc Guest

    Re: Prayer Request Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by fkingsweet View Post
    I am asking for prayers for my family and myself. We have been faced with a major crisis and we all just need strength to get through it and endure it. Need peace and need guidance. We are praying for a miracle and believe miracles happen. God has a plan but this one is hard to understand but I know we are not to try. I am going to pick up that Charles Stanley book - that sounds great. He has another one that is GREAT - When God is Silent - uses the background of Job for his teaching. Sometimes I just want to remind the Lord that my name is NOT JOB. Anyway, I heard something the other day - Greater Glory through Sufferring. I do believe God wants to see how we react to the adversity and if we give up. Well we aren't going to do that - but it is tiring. If you could just remember us in your prayers
    Hey sweet,

    Job is a great example that understanding is not always required, but obedience is always required.

    Let me encourage you to think of God as the father from the story of the Prodigal Son. As soon as he saw is son on the horizon and in need, he RAN to his son. He didn't wait for his so to make it all the way to him. He RAN to him.

    When Peter began to sink on the water, the Bible says that he cried out for Jesus to save him and the Scriptures say "Immediately Jesus stretched out His hand."

    Remember, God is not slow as we might count slowness.

    I am a poor replacement for Zorro, but while he's away, I thought I'd step in.

  8. #87
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    32
    Hub Bucks
    100
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    0
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Prayer Request Thread

    Doc - not a poor example at all - thanks!

  9. #88
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    45
    Hub Bucks
    100
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    0
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Prayer Request Thread

    In my opinion, this thread gives myhattiesburg a much needed amen. I haven't visited this site in a while, but now that I've seen all of these posts I'm eager to come back and check out myhattiesburg. Great addition!

  10. #89
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hattiesburg
    Posts
    5,769
    Hub Bucks
    10,121
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused
    Blog Entries
    1
    My Feedback
    0
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Rep Power
    18

    Red face Re: Prayer Request Thread

    Sue, I will keep that in my prayers.



    An update on 2 of my prayer requests:

    1. My little cousin Erin, 7 yrs. old and legally blind had a kidney transplant and is still in I.c.u. and will be in hospital for 30 days. She has an appetite and this is a critical time. Something about an immune system being down. Her mom, Kim is staying in Ronald McDonald house nest door and coming over around 5 every morning to stay with Erin.

    2. My uncle Bill had prostate surgery Monday morning and we're waiting to see if all cancer was removed. He was given a morphine shot and finnagan(//????) and he had an allergic reaction and his heart stopped from finnagan for nausea. Fortunately the hospital gave him an antidote shot. He is at home and recuperating.


    Another request-----The lady who does my taxes has a daughter, Cindy Marshall in Prentiss, who had 1 round of treatments for leukemia.

    Her dr. here, Dr. Smith is referring her to Dr. Files in Jackson to discuss her options Monday. Dr. Smith said Dr. Files is an expert with leukemia. So pray for Cindy and her husband and Cindy's family.Cindy is maybe in her mid 40's.

    Thank you and I find this thread a comfort.

  11. #90
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Petal
    Posts
    5,654
    Hub Bucks
    100
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Worried
    My Feedback
    0
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Prayer Request Thread

    thanks for the updates daisy please keep us posted!
    I will continue to pray for lil Erin and Uncle Bill and add Cindy and her family to the list.
    I should be monogramming something!
    Your Southern Living at Home Consultant!
    Let's Party!!!!!!!

  12. #91
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    17,288
    Hub Bucks
    102,394
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    My Feedback
    0
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Rep Power
    81

    Re: Prayer Request Thread

    Additional prayers are being sent immediately. Hope everyone takes comfort in knowing it is always darkest right before dawn....the Good Lord is with us in whatever we may face....

    Daisy, you are right, this thread is a comfort. Prayers are always welcomed even if it isn't a crisis situation!

  13. #92
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,278
    Hub Bucks
    100
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Bashful
    My Feedback
    0
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Prayer Request Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hermione View Post
    I always pray for the family when I read about an accident like that. It just tears your heart out.



    (Speaking of prayers, when I was in New Orleans I picked up the habit -- from my Catholic friends -- of making the sign of the cross when an ambulance comes past on a call. Just a quick little prayer for the person involved.)
    What you said about the making the sign of a cross is something similar to what I was going to say. I got in the habit when I was really little that whenever I heard sirens or saw any vehicle with flashing lights or anything related to that to say a quick little prayer, just asking for the safety of those in need and those on call going to help. Often people forget of the danger the policemen and women and firefighters and rescue team put themselves in to do their daily job...
    I love and support my Soldier!!! 155th Infantry Division! Hooah!!!!

  14. #93
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,278
    Hub Bucks
    100
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Bashful
    My Feedback
    0
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Prayer Request Thread

    This is not an urgent crisis prayer request, but as said before by many, that prayer is not only for the huge things, it is for the small things as well... We are not only to call on God when things get hard, but also when things are going just right, when we are most comfortable, we should acknowledge Him for getting us there to that place in our lives.

    Anyways, my request is that I am about to move to hattiesburg with my new husband. We got married 9.2.06 and are only 21 and 22 years old. We have been living in Vicksburg and have established some sort of security here with our jobs and my family being right here too. But I've got to continue my education at Southern and finish my degree and so we've got to move. It's scary, just when we get a little settled in here, getting some sort of hold on our finances, we get to move and start all over. I am worried about finding jobs. That is the only thing that has not fallen into place. We both got accepted, which was great, I got approved for a loan and that's good and he's in the guard so his tuition is paid for so that's good. Things just kept slowly falling into place, we got approved for the apartment we wanted, and got told that we could move in on July 15. So EVERYTHING has fallen right in to where it's supposed to be, except jobs. It's hard to apply for jobs when you aren't in the city you are trying to get a job in. I've looked at hattiesburgamerican.com and made calls and I think I have something lined up, but I"m not sure. Just keep our situation in your prayers. It's not that I doubt that God won't allow us to find jobs, it is just that I'm impatient and I want to know that we'll be ok. That we won't fall flat on our faces and not be able to handle our finances. It's a scary thing moving away from where you grew up and starting all over.
    I love and support my Soldier!!! 155th Infantry Division! Hooah!!!!

  15. #94
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    northwest hattiesburg
    Posts
    4,759
    Hub Bucks
    5,980
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic
    My Feedback
    0
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: Prayer Request Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by new2hburg View Post
    What you said about the making the sign of a cross is something similar to what I was going to say. I got in the habit when I was really little that whenever I heard sirens or saw any vehicle with flashing lights or anything related to that to say a quick little prayer, just asking for the safety of those in need and those on call going to help. Often people forget of the danger the policemen and women and firefighters and rescue team put themselves in to do their daily job...
    My husband thinks I am crazy. When I have my scanner on and something sounds bigger than a tag being ran, I automatically turn to my rosary or picture of Jesus and ask God to protect the officers-even if it is an officer I don't particularlly care for. God is awesome at answering my prayers.

  16. #95
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    northwest hattiesburg
    Posts
    4,759
    Hub Bucks
    5,980
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic
    My Feedback
    0
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: Prayer Request Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by new2hburg View Post
    This is not an urgent crisis prayer request, but as said before by many, that prayer is not only for the huge things, it is for the small things as well... We are not only to call on God when things get hard, but also when things are going just right, when we are most comfortable, we should acknowledge Him for getting us there to that place in our lives.

    Anyways, my request is that I am about to move to hattiesburg with my new husband. We got married 9.2.06 and are only 21 and 22 years old. We have been living in Vicksburg and have established some sort of security here with our jobs and my family being right here too. But I've got to continue my education at Southern and finish my degree and so we've got to move. It's scary, just when we get a little settled in here, getting some sort of hold on our finances, we get to move and start all over. I am worried about finding jobs. That is the only thing that has not fallen into place. We both got accepted, which was great, I got approved for a loan and that's good and he's in the guard so his tuition is paid for so that's good. Things just kept slowly falling into place, we got approved for the apartment we wanted, and got told that we could move in on July 15. So EVERYTHING has fallen right in to where it's supposed to be, except jobs. It's hard to apply for jobs when you aren't in the city you are trying to get a job in. I've looked at hattiesburgamerican.com and made calls and I think I have something lined up, but I"m not sure. Just keep our situation in your prayers. It's not that I doubt that God won't allow us to find jobs, it is just that I'm impatient and I want to know that we'll be ok. That we won't fall flat on our faces and not be able to handle our finances. It's a scary thing moving away from where you grew up and starting all over.
    God will see that you are taken care of. I went through the same thing years ago and came out just fine. Have faith-there are jobs around and you may have to start with one you don't really care for-but this is only natural. As you become settled in here you will meet new people and the jobs will begin to open up. Have FAITH. I will say a prayer for y'all too.

  17. #96
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,278
    Hub Bucks
    100
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Bashful
    My Feedback
    0
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Prayer Request Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by XC9 View Post
    My husband thinks I am crazy. When I have my scanner on and something sounds bigger than a tag being ran, I automatically turn to my rosary or picture of Jesus and ask God to protect the officers-even if it is an officer I don't particularlly care for. God is awesome at answering my prayers.
    So are you a cop?
    I love and support my Soldier!!! 155th Infantry Division! Hooah!!!!

  18. #97
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,278
    Hub Bucks
    100
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Bashful
    My Feedback
    0
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Prayer Request Thread

    Thanks a ton! We really do appreciate it, of course I'm more of a worrier than my hubby is, but that's my job, right? haha
    I love and support my Soldier!!! 155th Infantry Division! Hooah!!!!

  19. #98
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    45
    Hub Bucks
    100
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    0
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Prayer Request Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by new2hburg View Post
    This is not an urgent crisis prayer request, but as said before by many, that prayer is not only for the huge things, it is for the small things as well... We are not only to call on God when things get hard, but also when things are going just right, when we are most comfortable, we should acknowledge Him for getting us there to that place in our lives.

    Anyways, my request is that I am about to move to hattiesburg with my new husband. We got married 9.2.06 and are only 21 and 22 years old. We have been living in Vicksburg and have established some sort of security here with our jobs and my family being right here too. But I've got to continue my education at Southern and finish my degree and so we've got to move. It's scary, just when we get a little settled in here, getting some sort of hold on our finances, we get to move and start all over. I am worried about finding jobs. That is the only thing that has not fallen into place. We both got accepted, which was great, I got approved for a loan and that's good and he's in the guard so his tuition is paid for so that's good. Things just kept slowly falling into place, we got approved for the apartment we wanted, and got told that we could move in on July 15. So EVERYTHING has fallen right in to where it's supposed to be, except jobs. It's hard to apply for jobs when you aren't in the city you are trying to get a job in. I've looked at hattiesburgamerican.com and made calls and I think I have something lined up, but I"m not sure. Just keep our situation in your prayers. It's not that I doubt that God won't allow us to find jobs, it is just that I'm impatient and I want to know that we'll be ok. That we won't fall flat on our faces and not be able to handle our finances. It's a scary thing moving away from where you grew up and starting all over.
    What kind of job are you looking for? I know how hard it can be to find a job. I know of a couple places hiring. Let me know what you're looking for and I'll try to help.

  20. #99
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,670
    Hub Bucks
    100
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amazed
    My Feedback
    0
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: Prayer Request Thread

    Please pray for my friend.

    She is suffering terribly because of a stupid misjudgement. She is paying a HUGE price for a misstep.
    *Please pray for her strength to face what is ahead.
    *Please pray for her continued and unwaivering faith in our Lord.
    *Please pray for mercy as she is suffering mentally and physically.
    *Please pray for her new husband as he faces time alone.
    *Please pray for her family as they must live without her humor, love, and friendship.
    Please pray that something good comes from something terrible for this young lady.

    Pinky

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •