Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 62
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Posts
    93
    Hub Bucks
    100
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Vehicle Inspection Stickers

    Quote Originally Posted by metal protector View Post
    I went to Paul's and got charged for tint inspection, but only got a regular inspection sticker. Everything I have read said I was supposed to get a tint sticker.
    That is true. If you have window tint on the vehicle they will charge you 5 dollars for each sticker. You should have gotten your regular inspection sticker and what they call a tint sticker. You should have also gotten a pink paper with the tint sticker serial number that your suppose to stick in your glove box. I would go back and complain, but it may not do any good since they don't write out receipts for inspection stickers, but its worth a try.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    188
    Hub Bucks
    288
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Vehicle Inspection Stickers

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy9854 View Post
    Just something else to make $$$ with.
    Gotta make up for the aldermen "losing" it, somehow...

    And if people would just put legal tint on their car, they wouldn't have to worry about paying the fine for BREAKING THE LAW...

    illegal is illegal.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hattiesburg
    Posts
    160
    Hub Bucks
    107
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Vehicle Inspection Stickers

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy9854 View Post
    Just something else to make $$$ with.
    Why is it something else to make money with? Do you think there is a reason that the tint law is on the books? Have you ever walked up on a car, on a traffic stop, at 2 o'clock in the morning and the car had tint on the windows that was so dark, that you couldn't see what the 4 people inside the car were doing? The only thing that you know, is that there is a whole lot of movement from inside that car, and something in the back of your mind tells you that, that is not right for someone to be moving around that much in the car, on a traffic stop, on the side of the ride at 2 o'clock in the morning. Are they looking for a drivers' license, are they pulling out guns, are they stashing dope? I don't know, you know why? Because the window tint it so dark that i can't see whats going on inside that vehicle. Its not a money maker, ITS OFFICER SAFETY!

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Out in the country past the city limit sign...
    Posts
    11,478
    Hub Bucks
    12,189
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Vehicle Inspection Stickers

    Quote Originally Posted by SVT97Cobra View Post
    Gotta make up for the aldermen "losing" it, somehow...

    And if people would just put legal tint on their car, they wouldn't have to worry about paying the fine for BREAKING THE LAW...

    illegal is illegal.
    Our tint was checked for legality BEFORE it was installed by the dealership 5 years ago... I know there is a rash of "bad guys" wanting to use Dodge Grand Caravans for illegal and illicit behaviour but come on??? A friggin soccer mom? NEVER have had to get a tint sticker before the other day because they all said it was legal.. Now, the guy doing said it wasn't and checked and said it was a little over the allowed limit, his boss comes out and says it is ok because it is just south of the limit... Sounds like there is some "gray" area there that could get you a ticket or not depending on how assinine or color blind the officer was.
    If and only if, you promise NOT to become emotionally involved will I allow you to kiss my arse.
    Just Sensible Concepts

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    15,069
    Hub Bucks
    100
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: Vehicle Inspection Stickers

    Quote Originally Posted by captkersh View Post
    I'm so glad my windows aren't tinted. Rather wear a good pair of sunglass's.
    I'm with you. I think auto tints should be outlawed, along with tractor tires on automobiles. Or trucks jacked up 4 feet so the grill will come right through my windshield in a headon. Kinda makes bumbers worthless

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sunrise
    Posts
    944
    Hub Bucks
    100
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Vehicle Inspection Stickers

    Quote Originally Posted by dollfus46 View Post
    Or trucks jacked up 4 feet so the grill will come right through my windshield in a headon. Kinda makes bumbers worthless
    Well maybe if they jacked them up so high we could just drive underneath them.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    188
    Hub Bucks
    288
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Vehicle Inspection Stickers

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesman View Post
    Our tint was checked for legality BEFORE it was installed by the dealership 5 years ago... I know there is a rash of "bad guys" wanting to use Dodge Grand Caravans for illegal and illicit behaviour but come on??? A friggin soccer mom? NEVER have had to get a tint sticker before the other day because they all said it was legal.. Now, the guy doing said it wasn't and checked and said it was a little over the allowed limit, his boss comes out and says it is ok because it is just south of the limit... Sounds like there is some "gray" area there that could get you a ticket or not depending on how assinine or color blind the officer was.
    So now you think they should profile? Just b/c it was a minivan and your wife driving you think she should be allowed to break the law?

    And no, the Petal PD has high dollar machines that they attach to your window that shoots a laser beam through and calculates the tint percentage. Has nothing to do with how asinine (not assinine) or "color blind" the officer is.

    Like I said, if you have ILLEGAL tint on your car and get ticketed, it is your OWN fault for breaking the law. Kinda funny you think b/c of the type of vehicle it is and who is driving it, that she should be allowed to have illegal tint?

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    1,515
    Hub Bucks
    120,637,223
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Worried
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Vehicle Inspection Stickers

    Quote Originally Posted by slammedsplash View Post
    That is true. If you have window tint on the vehicle they will charge you 5 dollars for each sticker. You should have gotten your regular inspection sticker and what they call a tint sticker. You should have also gotten a pink paper with the tint sticker serial number that your suppose to stick in your glove box. I would go back and complain, but it may not do any good since they don't write out receipts for inspection stickers, but its worth a try.
    It is already passed its date again. I won't be going back there though.

    BTW: I showed them my exemption from the state. They still measured it and blew when they saw the reading.
    Think, don't be dumb.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,365
    Hub Bucks
    100
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Vehicle Inspection Stickers

    WTH- Petal Police using tint meters to write tickets?

    that's a load of crap----

    i don't have illegal tint on my windows, but that's bullshite----one more reason to avoid petal.....

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Out in the country past the city limit sign...
    Posts
    11,478
    Hub Bucks
    12,189
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Vehicle Inspection Stickers

    Quote Originally Posted by SVT97Cobra View Post
    So now you think they should profile? Just b/c it was a minivan and your wife driving you think she should be allowed to break the law?

    And no, the Petal PD has high dollar machines that they attach to your window that shoots a laser beam through and calculates the tint percentage. Has nothing to do with how asinine (not assinine) or "color blind" the officer is.

    Like I said, if you have ILLEGAL tint on your car and get ticketed, it is your OWN fault for breaking the law. Kinda funny you think b/c of the type of vehicle it is and who is driving it, that she should be allowed to have illegal tint?
    Haven't said anything at all about being allowed to break the law because of who you are or my wife is... All I want to know is why the hell it has become an issue NOW since we have never had a problem with it passing before? Perhaps they should get those gizmos for the service stations too so that the attendants wouldn't have to "guess." AND... furthermore, apparantly mine is NOT illegal, so I don't understand where you got the idea that I thought my wife should be allowed to drive around with ILLEGAL tint...

    I have no problem with the police being able to do their jobs and be safe. I have always been very vocal in defense of them and will continue to be in the future.

    I was simply asking questions and wanting clarification... Kinda funny you were so easily amused.

    Reading comprehension is your friend... albeit not your strong point though.

    BTW, I spelled assinine (asinine) just like I WANTED it spelled... Emphasis on the ASS.... I appreciate you proving my point for me though..

    Humor, you should try it sometime.
    If and only if, you promise NOT to become emotionally involved will I allow you to kiss my arse.
    Just Sensible Concepts

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,197
    Hub Bucks
    2,359
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Vehicle Inspection Stickers

    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Ireland View Post
    Why is it something else to make money with? Do you think there is a reason that the tint law is on the books? Have you ever walked up on a car, on a traffic stop, at 2 o'clock in the morning and the car had tint on the windows that was so dark, that you couldn't see what the 4 people inside the car were doing? The only thing that you know, is that there is a whole lot of movement from inside that car, and something in the back of your mind tells you that, that is not right for someone to be moving around that much in the car, on a traffic stop, on the side of the ride at 2 o'clock in the morning. Are they looking for a drivers' license, are they pulling out guns, are they stashing dope? I don't know, you know why? Because the window tint it so dark that i can't see whats going on inside that vehicle. Its not a money maker, ITS OFFICER SAFETY!
    You know. I've often wondered why police cars are blacked out.

    Why limos are blacked out.

    It's like I said before. I don't get how you can give someone a ticket for having/doing the same thing you were doing.

    Sorry.

    Doesn't work for me.

    And yes, it's another stupid rule to make money.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    188
    Hub Bucks
    288
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Vehicle Inspection Stickers

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesman View Post
    Haven't said anything at all about being allowed to break the law because of who you are or my wife is... All I want to know is why the hell it has become an issue NOW since we have never had a problem with it passing before? Perhaps they should get those gizmos for the service stations too so that the attendants wouldn't have to "guess." AND... furthermore, apparantly mine is NOT illegal, so I don't understand where you got the idea that I thought my wife should be allowed to drive around with ILLEGAL tint...

    I have no problem with the police being able to do their jobs and be safe. I have always been very vocal in defense of them and will continue to be in the future.

    I was simply asking questions and wanting clarification... Kinda funny you were so easily amused.

    Reading comprehension is your friend... albeit not your strong point though.

    BTW, I spelled assinine (asinine) just like I WANTED it spelled... Emphasis on the ASS.... I appreciate you proving my point for me though..

    Humor, you should try it sometime.
    B/c the law just went on the book allowing certain PD's to do the testing for tint...

    and I have plenty of humor, but not when it comes to the safety of my brother... and yes my brother is with a local PD.

    Don't have fvcking illegal tint, and you wont get a ticket... its that simple.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,430
    Hub Bucks
    1,530
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Vehicle Inspection Stickers

    Quote Originally Posted by SVT97Cobra View Post
    B/c the law just went on the book allowing certain PD's to do the testing for tint...

    and I have plenty of humor, but not when it comes to the safety of my brother... and yes my brother is with a local PD.

    Don't have fvcking illegal tint, and you wont get a ticket... its that simple.
    I had no intention of getting involved in this thread, because, well, I just don't care about something as trivial as window tint in the context of a thread that has gotten way off topic. However, frankly, you're kind of a jerk, and the way you speak to people in this forum drives me up the wall, so here goes...

    How in the world will a tint sticker keep your brother safe? If it's an issue of safety, and not of increasing revenue intake, then tint should just be flat out illegal. That expensive little sticker won't make the tint any more transparent to LE than it would be if motorists weren't required to pay some inane fee.
    "Don’t hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting, but never hit soft." -Theodore Roosevelt

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Out in the country past the city limit sign...
    Posts
    11,478
    Hub Bucks
    12,189
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Vehicle Inspection Stickers

    Quote Originally Posted by SVT97Cobra View Post
    B/c the law just went on the book allowing certain PD's to do the testing for tint...

    and I have plenty of humor, but not when it comes to the safety of my brother... and yes my brother is with a local PD.

    Don't have fvcking illegal tint, and you wont get a ticket... its that simple.
    Let me go over this ONE MORE TIME FOR YOU S L O W L Y, just so you can keep up:

    MY FvCKIN TINT IS NOT ILLEGAL... for like the fourth time... You can see right through the windows.
    If and only if, you promise NOT to become emotionally involved will I allow you to kiss my arse.
    Just Sensible Concepts

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Out in the country past the city limit sign...
    Posts
    11,478
    Hub Bucks
    12,189
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Vehicle Inspection Stickers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    I had no intention of getting involved in this thread, because, well, I just don't care about something as trivial as window tint in the context of a thread that has gotten way off topic. However, frankly, you're kind of a jerk, and the way you speak to people in this forum drives me up the wall, so here goes...

    How in the world will a tint sticker keep your brother safe? If it's an issue of safety, and not of increasing revenue intake, then tint should just be flat out illegal. That expensive little sticker won't make the tint any more transparent to LE than it would be if motorists weren't required to pay some inane fee.
    It's ok Ranger, he has a history here of being a jacka$$ and thinking the rest of us are, in his words, f*cking idoits... Here let me pull up some examples...



    Quote Originally Posted by SVT97Cobra View Post
    He is here. Don't worry. I still think half of you people are a bunch of fvcking idiots.
    And then there was this one from a thread that got locked that should have never even been started.
    Quote Originally Posted by SVT97Cobra
    You are hands down the most ****ing stupid person to EVER post in this forum.

    I don't know if I should be insulted or just laugh... I think I will just laugh...

    If and only if, you promise NOT to become emotionally involved will I allow you to kiss my arse.
    Just Sensible Concepts

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Petal MS
    Posts
    8,166
    Hub Bucks
    100
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Vehicle Inspection Stickers

    Another question. This has to do with stickers and tags.....

    How long do I have after moving to MS before I have to get my tags changed? Or, can I just keep the ones I have until they expire in Louisiana?

    44 bucks for a tag there, on an SUV. Sticker price is the same.... I do NOT look forward to buying a tag here.
    :fpeace: ~jojo~ :fpeace:
    -------------------------------------------------------

    ~If you're going to give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you have enough to spare! ~

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    71
    Hub Bucks
    171
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Vehicle Inspection Stickers

    Quote Originally Posted by jojobeans1120 View Post
    Another question. This has to do with stickers and tags.....

    How long do I have after moving to MS before I have to get my tags changed? Or, can I just keep the ones I have until they expire in Louisiana?

    44 bucks for a tag there, on an SUV. Sticker price is the same.... I do NOT look forward to buying a tag here.
    You have 30 days for the tag, don't know about the inspection sticker.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    P-town
    Posts
    6,525
    Hub Bucks
    6,625
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    In Love
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Vehicle Inspection Stickers

    Quote Originally Posted by SVT97Cobra View Post
    Gotta make up for the aldermen "losing" it, somehow...

    And if people would just put legal tint on their car, they wouldn't have to worry about paying the fine for BREAKING THE LAW...

    illegal is illegal.

    But what about those folks who buy a car with illegal factory tint? Thats not their fault!
    You’re on your own, and you know what you know.
    And you will be the guy who’ll decide where you’ll go.
    Oh the places you you’ll go.
    ~~Dr. Suess

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sunrise
    Posts
    944
    Hub Bucks
    100
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Vehicle Inspection Stickers

    Quote Originally Posted by Arleigh View Post
    But what about those folks who buy a car with illegal factory tint? Thats not their fault!
    No its not their fault but it is their responsibility.

    And if you have a tag I imagine you better have the sticker. Sticker will run ya $5.

    If you live outside city limits you will save a lot of money on your tags.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PETAL
    Posts
    2,085
    Hub Bucks
    2,186
    Savings
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Vehicle Inspection Stickers

    Did the petal police get a permit to use the tint tester?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •