My Mood
    Hot
    MH Bucks
    Bank
    Total MH Bucks
    Donate
    No Message - Just A Nobody 

Arrow Easter Scam?

To ensure delivery of important future messages, please add info@email.saluteheroesproject.org to your address book.

Coalition to Salute America's Heroes
    PO Box 96440
    Washington, DC
    Providing Emergency
    Aid to Severely
    Wounded Troops
    and Their Families
    in Crisis

Key Programs:

Emergency
    Financial Aid

Road to Recovery
    Conference

Homes for Wounded Heroes

Wounded Hero
    Career Network

Family Support
    Network

Military Friends:

Lieutenant General
    William H. Ginn, Jr.
    USAF, Retired

R. Admiral
    Charles E. McDowell
    USN, Retired

Brigadier General
    James H. "Jimmie" Leach
    DSC,
    USA, Retired
    Brigadier General
    R. Carl Szarlan
    US Air National Guard, Retired

Colonel
    Ed. H. Caton
    USAF, Retired

Colonel
    Abe Friedman
    USA, Retired

Captain
    Patrick F. Kennedy
    USN, Retired

Lt. Colonel
    Walt Purdy
    USAF, Retired

Providing Emergency
    Aid to Severely
    Wounded Troops
    and Their Families
    in Crisis

Dear Coalition Supporter,
    On Tuesday I sent you an e-mail about troops severely wounded in Iraq or Afghanistan who are actually running out of food.
    I mentioned we were trying to help people like Army Private Dexter F., who was wounded in Iraq. Dexter placed an emergency phone call to say: "We are running out of food, the phone bill needs to be paid and the lights were turned off this week."
    I wanted to touch base with you one last time because we are way short of assisting every disabled war hero who is pleading for help.
    So please make a donation to help provide an Easter meal for a wounded hero right now.

As you may recall, the Coalition to Salute America's Heroes has launched a 2010 Emergency Easter Meal Project.
    Our goal is to rush $60 to as many wounded troops as possible to enable them to put Easter dinner on the table.
    If you sent a gift in response to my previous e-mail, I'd like to thank you from the bottom of my heart. (And believe me our severely wounded heroes and their families are extremely grateful as well.)
    But whether you were able to give or not, please read what I have to say right now. And even if you did send a gift, please consider giving again.
    I know times are tough for many Americans - and perhaps that even applies to you. But please let me ask you two very blunt questions.
    ONE: Are you running out of food?
    TWO: Do you have a friend or relative who is running out of food?
    If the answer to either of these two questions is yes, please do NOT make a donation right now. Your family must come first. Please use your hard-earned money to buy food for your family or your relatives instead.
    But if you are NOT running out of food, please, please make a donation to help a severely wounded serviceman who has called our emergency hotline seeking food.
    That's right: Food.
    This is a national disgrace, and in a minute I'll explain why this is happening in America.
    But first, please make a tax-deductible donation to the nonprofit Coalition to Salute America's Heroes right now. Even if you responded with a gift to my previous e-mail, please consider giving again.
    As I just mentioned, we will be helping people like Army Private Dexter F., who was wounded in Iraq. Dexter placed an emergency phone call to say: "We are running out of food, the phone bill needs to be paid and the lights were turned off this week."
    And disabled GIs like Blair William Didion Sr., who told us he sometimes relies on "food from public pantries" after suffering spinal fractures from a roadside bomb in Iraq.
    And people like injured serviceman Paul Thurman. After being brain-damaged by a roadside bomb in Iraq, Paul's wife had to resort to selling her blood plasma to buy food for their five children.
    As you know, we are a purely charitable organization.
    We receive no government funding.
    So the only way we can feed these desperate, wounded heroes is through voluntary donations from generous, Coalition supporters like you.
    Will you make a tax-deductible Easter donation right now?
    I know $60 doesn't sound like much, but $60 can put an Easter ham or turkey on the table for a wounded hero who truly deserves it.
    I'm sure many disabled troops and their wives will use their $60 to buy something much more modest, like a shopping cart full of cereal, milk, eggs, cheese, bread, peanut butter and other staples that will feed their family for several days.
    Of course our wounded troops need food every day of the year, not just on Easter Sunday.
    But I think there's something especially sad, even heart-wrenching, about watching our GIs who have lost an arm or leg serving our country going without a meal on Easter Sunday.
    Don't you?
    After all, Easter is the season of sacrifice, and these U.S. Marines, soldiers, sailors and airmen have sacrificed enough. Some of these brave men and women have left their blood - and even parts of their bodies - on the battlefields of Iraq and Afghanistan.
    As you know, when they return home they start bleeding financially, and here's why:
    The wounded GI's disability check takes six months . . . nine months . . . even a year to arrive. He is wounded so badly he can't take care of himself, so his wife quits her job to take care of him. Suddenly he is facing a financial catastrophe and has nowhere to turn.
    They may have to watch their families go hungry . . . watch their car get towed away . . . have their utilities disconnected . . . or even get thrown out into the street.
    So as Easter Sunday approaches, please remember: If you or your loved ones are struggling so badly you cannot afford, food, or rent, or utilities, I don't expect to give anything right now. Please - take care of your family first.
    But if you have been blessed, as I have, with food, shelter, clothes and other basics, please make an Easter donation of any size to help our mission of providing food and other crucial services to our severely wounded troops and their families in crisis.
    Our wounded troops have sacrificed their limbs, their eyesight, their hearing and more to protect our families. Easter Sunday is the perfect time to honor and help their families in return.
    So please, please send a generous Easter gift today.
    I just can't the thought of even more severely wounded American GI standing in line for food at a public pantry, or (God forbid) having to sell their blood plasma to buy groceries for their children.
    As a Coalition supporter, I know you can't either.

Thank you for your faith, your kindness and your patriotism.

Major General John K. Singlaub
    U.S. Army (Ret.)

P.S. Our troops who have lost their arms, their legs, their eyesight and more while defending our freedom shouldn't be running out of food - but they are. I have told you a few heartbreaking stories of wounded heroes who are struggling to feed their families, but there are many more.
    The Coalition is trying to rush $60 to as many financially desperate - and horribly wounded - troops as possible to help them put an Easter meal on the table. And I hope I can count on you to make a generous, tax-deductible Easter donation right now.
    Easter is the season of sacrifice, but I believe our wounded heroes have sacrificed enough, and I know you do, too. So please send the most generous Easter gift you can afford today, while there's still time.
    Thank you for your past financial support.

You are receiving this email because you have previously supported the Coalition to Salute America's Heroes, which provides emergency financial aid to troops who have been severely burned, blinded, paralyzed or brain-damaged in Iraq or Afghanistan. You can update your account profile or unsubscribe here.

seems odd to me. 60 bucks? why not just ask for any donations?

weird...

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    MH Bucks
    Bank
    Total MH Bucks
    Donate

Re: Easter Scam?

I don't see anything about it being a scam online. It is a little strange though.
    "I believe that the best social program is a job." Ronald Reagan.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    MH Bucks
    Bank
    Total MH Bucks
    Donate

This Charity did not provide requested information. As a result, the Better Business Bureau cannot determine if it meets standards
    http://www.bbb.org/charity-reviews/n...sining-ny-2814

Retired Gen. Tommy Franks, leader of the 2003 U.S. invasion of Iraq, apparently did even better: Several of Chapin's former employees said Franks received a one-time payment of $100,000. That was primarily for the use of his name in fundraising and his appearance at a Nov. 9, 2004, Washington, D.C., event to promote the Coalition to Salute America's Heroes Foundation, now based in Ossining, N.Y

Another Forbes story (See: "Shell Game") described an intricate accounting ploy by which the Coalition conducted its fundraising under the Salute America's Heroes brand name, had the bills paid by Help Hospitalized Veterans and double-counted some donations so the Coalition could claim a misleading 97% fundraising efficiency. Forbes estimates the real efficiency is around 50%.
    http://www.forbes.com/2007/12/21/cha...221chapin.html

Not an organization that would get any money from me.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused
    MH Bucks
    Bank
    Total MH Bucks
    Donate
    Just cause - Just A Nobody 

I think I would find a local soldier and help his family rather than send money to some place I was not sure of. I am sure their are local chapters that know of wounded soldiers in most areas.

Out in the country past the city limit sign...
    Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic
    MH Bucks
    Bank
    Total MH Bucks
    Donate

Scam or not it does reek of exploitation of our servicemen and women. I am in reference to the photo and the openning lines of the request/article. Kinda tacky if you ask me.
    If and only if, you promise NOT to become emotionally involved will I allow you to kiss my arse.
    Just Sensible Concepts

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Lonely
    MH Bucks
    Bank
    Total MH Bucks
    Donate

I agree with needinfo on this one........
    our troops have enough to worry about as it is!
    Lost and alone in my
    own little world..

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic
    MH Bucks
    Bank
    Total MH Bucks
    Donate

Special place in Hell . . . .
    "deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed"

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Stressed
    MH Bucks
    Bank
    Total MH Bucks
    Donate

I received that exact same letter!
    We keep you alive to serve this ship! Row well and live! Charlton Heston in Ben-Hur

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused
    MH Bucks
    Bank
    Total MH Bucks
    Donate
    Just cause - Just A Nobody 

I am about over giving to so called "charity agencies". I will continue to help individuals over giving to a charity that pays CEO's a huge salary to run the charity. I may not can get a tax deduction by helping an individual, but I know I am helping someone who truly needs it and not funding someone paycheck.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Breezy
    MH Bucks
    Bank
    Total MH Bucks
    Donate
    AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Fish-Bait 

Anyone who would do that deserves to be placed in a HMMWV that is not armored and alternate between that and foot patrols all day, every day in places like Fallujah, Ramadi, Haditha and Baghdad. Guaranteed action and perhaps they will struggle to put food on their tables. I have absolutely no sympathy for people who do this. There is not punishment just enough. The only things worse are rapists and child abusers.
    Ask me about Haywood.