Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic

Georgia Blue Restaurant

Pulled up the menu for the new restaurant in front of Winn Dixie on Hardy Street. They are pretty expensive. 10.99 for a house salad. Their Fried green tomatoes are 8.99 and if you want the crayfish sauce on top it is an extra 4.00. Crescent City is cheaper than this place. Wonder how long they will stay in business with prices like this and window views of a grocery store and Hardy Street to choose from?

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Re: Georgia Blue Restaurant

Got one up here. Good, not great. If you will pay $28 for a pork chop, it's a bargain.
    "The winner will be the guy that has one more bullet than the other guy", Gunnery Sergeant J.D. Bolin

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like

Any place with taps on the table cant be all bad!!!!

Are you ready for "Top of the Hops?" this weekend? Warm-up tonight at Georgia Blue with our brand new Draft Tables (first in Mississippi to pour your own beer, 29 guaranteed from the tap!) or try our new beer sampler, four beers - your call!

Attached Images Attached Images

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Flirty

OMG! How do I hide this thread from Bayfly? I will never get to eat anywhere else, if they got beer at the table.
    His eye is on the sparrow
    and I know he watches over me...

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cool

I thought there were rules against serving yourself in Mississippi.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Stressed

going to have to go before they make them take the taps out.
    Anti-Islamist 4 hire

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy

Love me some Georgia Blue. I eat there in Madison every chance I get. Didn't realize we had a new location in the 'burg. I know where I am heading for lunch tomorrow, the FGT & Praline BLT is AMAZING!!
    What if the Hokey Pokey is really what its all about???

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Try the turnip green bites.
    "The winner will be the guy that has one more bullet than the other guy", Gunnery Sergeant J.D. Bolin

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tully Mars View Post
    Love me some Georgia Blue. I eat there in Madison every chance I get. Didn't realize we had a new location in the 'burg. I know where I am heading for lunch tomorrow, the FGT & Praline BLT is AMAZING!!
    Slow down there , as far as I know, its not open yet!!!

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy

Phil, you certainly seem to be the guy in the know about it, so when does it open? I want to be first in line.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like

Facebook page just says they are hiring and will be open summer 2012.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused

It isn't open yet. I have an interview there tomorrow.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cynical

Quote Originally Posted by gregprine View Post
    I thought there were rules against serving yourself in Mississippi.
    There's a few ways around it. Prepurchasing the quantity (a la' the big towers of beer at the old Alumni House). Or beer buckets. I haven't seen the tables yet, but the picture seems to indicates some type of digital screen on the tap. Could be a meter.
    This signature has been confiscated by the U.S. government and redistributed to other users who couldn't afford signatures.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cynical

I saw those on an episode of bar rescue or something like that. You buy an electronic key that allows you to dispense two beers at your table.

http://www.ellicksonusa.com/how-it-works.php
    Last edited by Qchair; 08-16-2012 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Added link
    Be seeing you soon !

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused

The manager is a really nice young lady. She said that the restaurant will be opening in 2 to 3 weeks.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed

I was inside the place just the other day....it appears that it will be rather nice. Yes there were at least 4 tables setup for beer taps....there were other tables without taps, but these had old license plates covered in some sort of acrylic for the tops. There was a bar that had a copper top on it, I really liked it. And there was even some seating area outside. Judging by the looks of it, Id say its still maybe a month from opening.
    Mmm, mmm now that's some high quality H2O.

17. Thanks Fantom, a_cmc_2b has thanked this post.
    Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Inspired

Imagine your mother’s Sunday lunch and dinner. Now imagine your mother having the chef genes of Paula Dean and a classically trained chef. Now grab a mop and clean up all that drool!

Welcome to Georgia Blue in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. Opening in September 2012, this is the second restaurant opening with the first location opening in Madison, Mississippi in August 2010.

Georgia Blue describes its style of cooking as “sophisticated southern cuisine.” Let me tell you something—Georgia Blue does not disappoint.

I’ve had the privilege of dining at Georgia Blue twice. The first dining experience took place on September 18, 2012 for her ‘invitation only, soft opening.’ First and foremost, if you have ever dined at a “higher dining” establishment in Hattiesburg, you will often find that parking is poor. At Georgia Blue the parking lot has recently been restructured and painted and ample parking is located near the front entrance and surrounding area. Grandma will not have to walk far to get her Shrimp and Grits!

Newly remodeled for the grand opening, the restaurant has a very clean, sports bar “ish” feel. All tables and chairs are refurbished and recycled, tipping her hat to our ever-increasing environmental battle for a healthier future. Georgia Blue has Draft Beer Tap tables; you will not find this ANYWHERE else in Mississippi. The bartender sends the allotted amount of draft beer to the tap on the table and the patron can serve herself until her allotment runs out. This prevents warm pitchers of beer.

My dining partner and I both were seated quickly and with enthusiasm by the hostess next to a wall that separates the bar from the rest of the restaurant. Given Hattiesburg’s location in the southern Bible Belt, this is a great establishment to bring your family, even if you are skeptical of full bar service. There is a small stage where live music is performed every weekend, and a very large, cooled patio section with ample seating.

A highly trained server who promptly took our drink orders, asked if we would like an appetizer or if we had any questions about the menu, greeted us. He returned quickly with our drinks and took our order. The menu was very well laid out and clearly stated prices and descriptions of the menu items. Prices were on point considering that all food is made fresh and to order and breads and vegetables are ordered from nearby vendors.

I ordered off Georgia Blue’s signature “Blue Plate Special” menu which at dinner runs around $13-14. It includes one large portioned meat and three very appropriate portioned side dishes that are made fresh daily. I had a fried boneless chicken with gravy, mashed sweet potato, southern grits, fried green tomatoes, and a delicious roll. The food arrived within 15 minutes.
    It is very hard to describe the first bite at Georgia Blue. If you’ve ever read the book, “Perks of Being a Wallflower,” Charlie is so excited at one point in the book during a pure euphoric moment he says, “I feel infinite.” That first bite at Georgia Blue….made me feel infinite. I closed my eyes and savored every single bite. It was honestly the greatest food I have ever had the pleasure of eating in Hattiesburg, MS—and I have eaten at some of the better establishments (Purple Parrot, Crescent City, Cotton Blues, etc.)

For dessert I had a delicious apple cobbler that would make any Diabetic need a hospital visit—so be warned. Delicious but SWEET!

Throughout the entire dining experienced, I received great service. Server, Serving Trainer, and Managers all stopped by the table on a regular basis to check on me and to ensure that my dining experience was up to par with Georgia Blue standards. The young ladies who manage the restaurant are clearly professional and have the best heads on their shoulders. Wait staff are not allowed to have a cellphone on his or her person, so this will prevent unnecessary distraction from Georgia Blue’s guests.

I returned for the grand opening of lunch on September 20, 2012. My server was amazing. My glass was never empty. I ordered the EXACT meal from the opening night and the portion sizes were the same as the dinner, but for a CHEAPER price. I spoke to the manager to make sure this was not an accident and she confirmed that although lunch and dinner prices are different, the portion sizes are the same. The blue plate special was only $9---and I couldn’t finish everything.

I highly recommend Georgia Blue as your next dining experience in Hattiesburg. Excellent Establishment, Excellent Service, Excellent Management, Excellent Food. It doesn’t get much better than that. So, whether it’s a family dinner, a drink after work, or gathering with friends around the Help Yourself Bar Taps, stop by Georgia Blue!

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy

Had lunch today and it was awesome. Great service and great food. GB is here to stay!!

20. Thanks Scarlett O'Hara, a_cmc_2b has thanked this post.
    Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Tully Mars View Post
    Had lunch today and it was awesome. Great service and great food. GB is here to stay!!
    So glad to hear a positive review, Tully! We are looking forward to going tomorrow.

"Live well, laugh often, love much"

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like

Ate lunch there yesterday. I cannot say it was awesome, but it was good (GB hamburger and fries). Went to Teballa's Wednesday for lunch (calzone) and Georgia Blue was better.

23. Thanks a_cmc_2b has thanked this post.