Thread: Questions

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Questions

Please post any questions that you have in regards to my candidacy for Circuit Clerk of Forrest County. I will answer them as soon as I can.

Thanks,
    Allen Rainey

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Re: Questions

Why do you want to be the next circuit clerk?

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by HBtxpyr View Post
    Why do you want to be the next circuit clerk?
    I tell the students at school, "if you are going to complain about something, you have to try and fix it", so I knew I had to take my own advice and to give it a shot. I don't know how you feel about the last few elections, but I want to work with the election commissioners to clean up the voter rolls. So, if someone has moved away or passed away they will not be able to vote. Now, of course that is common sense, but I want everyone to have more confidence in the voting process of Forrest County. So, if your candidate loses an election you will just know that he/she didn't have enough support. Instead of being upset, suspecting foul play. Also, I want to bring more technology to the office. The people who work at the Circuit Clerk's Office are very professional people, but I believe they need more tools to be able to do their job effectively.

4. Thanks Echo Four Bravo, wilebill, Maggie-Doodle thanked for this post
    Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Allen, Forrest County Circuit Clerk is in charge of the county precincts.
    1. Does the circuit clerk have any authority with the precincts within city jurisdiction?

2. What protocols were bypassed during the last city election for mayor?

3. How would you prevent such activities for county elections?

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Tree Slayer View Post
    Allen, Forrest County Circuit Clerk is in charge of the county precincts.
    1. Does the circuit clerk have any authority with the precincts within city jurisdiction?

2. What protocols were bypassed during the last city election for mayor?

3. How would you prevent such activities for county elections?
    1. The election commissioners are the ones who run elections for the county and the city of Hattiesburg. The Circuit Clerk is in charge of voter registration, and helps with the purging of the voter rolls with the election commissioners. There is an election commissioner for each district in the county, which have city and county precincts in their jurisdictions.

2. From the legal proceedings it appeared there were people who voted in the last election for mayor, but they did not live in the city. They should not have been on the voter roll. Another, protocol that was violated was the ballot box that was left unattended. There were other issues as well, but like I said earlier, the election commissioners have jurisdiction in elections.

3. The administration of elections is out of the jurisdiction of the circuit clerk. However, I will work closely with the election commissioners to make sure Forrest County is properly prepared for a fair and just election.

7. Thanks Dixie Tree Slayer, Maggie-Doodle thanked for this post