Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sad
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Prayers for Florida !!

What a Sad thing to happen in Fla, last night. 50 people killed. Prayers going out to all those families who lost a love one, and prayers for all that where shot and in the hospital's now.

2. Thanks Paycheck, Just A Nobody, Excitable Boy, pirateIRL thanked for this post
    Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Re: Prayers for Florida !!

I barely read about this before I left for church, and continued through church to try an understand such.

Very sad indeed

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by Just A Nobody View Post
    I barely read about this before I left for church, and continued through church to try an understand such.

Very sad indeed
    I don't think that normal people can understand such...
    64,999,987 firearm owners killed no one yesterday. Somehow, it didn't make the news.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

All I could ponder last night was how many of these folks would of been allowed to conceal carry with the proper endorsements, and instead of doing statics on age, gender, and sexual preference. Can we see how many have actually shot a gun, had a permit with endorsements, or would of been eligible to have them?

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Phil Bryant -- signer of the "freedom of religion to discriminate" bill -- has our flags at half-mast over this.

Think he feels the heat about signing that bill? It's one thing to support discrimination, and another to absolve oneself of all blame when the discriminated-against is slaughtered, apparently.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Poor Shaun, he's been "radicalized."

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunMac View Post
    Phil Bryant -- signer of the "freedom of religion to discriminate" bill -- has our flags at half-mast over this.

Think he feels the heat about signing that bill? It's one thing to support discrimination, and another to absolve oneself of all blame when the discriminated-against is slaughtered, apparently.

Just because I don't agree with two men having sex, or it's not in my core value of beliefs doesn't mean that I can't mourn their death, and show respect for their family.
    This isn't and should never be about gays or our laws here Mississippi. Everyone who dies in a Terrorist attack deserves respect and so do their parents and loved one.
    Quit making it a gay issue. It's not. It's a Terrorist issue.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

I understand your sentiment JAN however that's kind of like saying Dylan Roof killing all those black people was a terrorist issue and not a racial relations issue.

The murderer grew up in a very conservative Muslim household here in the states, just got out of a failed 4 month marriage, has been struggling with his own sexuality for years now according to unverified reports, and just hours before his rampage he pledges himself to ISIS. Allegedly he'd been at the gay bar before and not just to scout it out for this attack. He also allegedly interacted with other gay men on dating apps designed for the gay community. And allegedly he was a combination of creepy/unattractive and so he faced rejection even in the gay community. There are a whole lot of issues balled up there...

The guy definitely was not a Muslim if he was experimenting with his sexuality - at least not a conservative Muslim. ISIS definitely would've killed him without thinking twice for his 'sins'. Also it's June - there aren't many Muslims (even more liberal ones) that break fast on Ramadan. They especially wouldn't go to a gay bar and have a drink - which this guy did the night before the attack. Calling someone a Christian that is drinking at a gay bar on Easter is kind of a stretch.

He looks to me like an asshole that responded to rejection poorly. He disappointed his conservative family with his sexual struggles and divorce. He failed at holding down a steady job. He failed at becoming a police man. He failed his marriage. He failed at trying to be gay. Right before he lashes out he says something nice about ISIS in an attempt to satisfy his conservative family and then does his shitty deed.

This is certainly more gray than 'just a terrorist attack'. At least based on all this early/unverified information.

10. Thanks JimmyJam, mac thanked for this post
    Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Breezy
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by pirateIRL View Post
    I understand your sentiment JAN however that's kind of like saying Dylan Roof killing all those black people was a terrorist issue and not a racial relations issue.

The murderer grew up in a very conservative Muslim household here in the states, just got out of a failed 4 month marriage, has been struggling with his own sexuality for years now according to unverified reports, and just hours before his rampage he pledges himself to ISIS. Allegedly he'd been at the gay bar before and not just to scout it out for this attack. He also allegedly interacted with other gay men on dating apps designed for the gay community. And allegedly he was a combination of creepy/unattractive and so he faced rejection even in the gay community. There are a whole lot of issues balled up there...

The guy definitely was not a Muslim if he was experimenting with his sexuality - at least not a conservative Muslim. ISIS definitely would've killed him without thinking twice for his 'sins'. Also it's June - there aren't many Muslims (even more liberal ones) that break fast on Ramadan. They especially wouldn't go to a gay bar and have a drink - which this guy did the night before the attack. Calling someone a Christian that is drinking at a gay bar on Easter is kind of a stretch.

He looks to me like an asshole that responded to rejection poorly. He disappointed his conservative family with his sexual struggles and divorce. He failed at holding down a steady job. He failed at becoming a police man. He failed his marriage. He failed at trying to be gay. Right before he lashes out he says something nice about ISIS in an attempt to satisfy his conservative family and then does his shitty deed.

This is certainly more gray than 'just a terrorist attack'. At least based on all this early/unverified information.

Thank you for not blaming the "gun."
    Henkyfork, the trumpet supporter.

12. Thanks pirateIRL thanked for this post
    Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Ahh Hendrix - I tote a few liberal lines but you know I'm not mindless!

I would point out that I've heard both Democrats and Republicans calling for actions that would violate the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 8th Amendments since Saturday. Democrats are mostly honed in on the 2nd. Republicans are honed in on the other 5. They are all wrong for it. The 2nd amendment is the last line of defense against a tyrannical government so yes, it is important, but if all those other rights are protected it will never come to shooting police and military personnel who are trying to confiscate weapons. If everyone cared half as much about their other rights our civil liberties would be much more secure.

14. Thanks hendrixfreak70 thanked for this post
    Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by Paycheck View Post
    Poor Shaun, he's been "radicalized."
    It doesn't take a radical to figure out Phil Bryant is a lame politician who eagerly signs legislation crafted outside the state in an attempt to gain votes and curry favor with the bigwigs of the conservative movement. He put his hat in the wrong ring this time round. . . .

16. Thanks mac thanked for this post
    Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sad
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

More prayers going out to the family of that small baby boy who is missing from an alligator attack. One thing for sure Orlando has seen its share of sadness for the last week now. That Young lady singer being killed at her concert, the Crazy MAN killing all those people in the club. and now the sweet baby boy missing. Prayer for his family , this is just to SAD.

18. Thanks pirateIRL, Just A Nobody thanked for this post
    Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Ok... What do you men think about this post going around on FB?

Something about the Orlando shooting doesn't add up. He hit 100 people- many of whom more than once and some as many as 12 times in 7 minutes. You expect me to believe that 1 person managed to conceal and smuggle in a rifle and all that ammo- which would have had to be all loaded into magazines and in an accessible location for rapid deployment?? I'm calling bullshit. There was more than one shooter. Estimates for a trained soldier mean it would take a minimum of 38 loaded magazines just for the ones he killed (not injured). There's no way he concealed 20 magazines let alone a rifle and 30+ in a way for rapid deployment. There was more than one shooter and he didn't sneak it in. As unreliable as witness reports are, multiple eyewitnesses have claimed more than one shooter. Some reports indicate 4 shooters. For illustration here is my AR with 22 magazines. He would have needed to carry more than 10 more plus the gun CONCEALED! Anyone who thinks that happened is a fool. Go to a local gun store and try to conceal an AR by itself let alone with 30+ magazines. Try to conceal 1000 rounds of any ammo loaded into magazines plus a gun in cloths that you can wear into a Miami club in June weather.]
    13417595_10156954919225431_7238471750655467384_n.jpg

20. Thanks Scarlett O'Hara thanked for this post
    Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by Just A Nobody View Post
    Ok... What do you men think about this post going around on FB?

13417595_10156954919225431_7238471750655467384_n.jpg
    Sounds like a bit of "conspiracy" nonsense to me.

I'll need to study it a bit more; but right now I'm still trying to figure out how that whole "Holocaust" fakery was pulled off. A lot of that fake evidence looks pretty real; unlike the obviously phony "pictures" of the bogus NASA moon landings.

Hey look, everybody! There goes a unicorn!
    64,999,987 firearm owners killed no one yesterday. Somehow, it didn't make the news.