Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Devotionals

Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for devotionals they had used & really enjoyed. I usually get myself one each year. This past year I used one someone had given to Qchair, David. It was good, but rather short like the Daily Bread devotionals. Thanks for any suggestions.

2. Thanks Dixie Tree Slayer, Little-ole-me thanked for this post
    Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Re: Devotionals

I read a post this morning by Tara Ross about the first Thanksgiving. It described how they survived the storms of the Atlantic and landing at Plymouth Rock during the first of the winter so there was mo food on the horizon. Barely half survived. On or about this day the new settlers sat down with the natives and had a feast. It was a religious ceremony in that they were so thankful to have survived. You cam read that story to family. Add to it everyone goes through trials and tribulations. David, aka Qchair is a prime example. Cancer victims, survivors, accident victims, the list goes on. We all have much to be thankful for. Even those of US who have little. God bless you Tranquil. Probably not what you were looking for, but you're not gonna get a refund.
    Last edited by Dixie Tree Slayer; 11-25-2016 at 12:00 PM.

4. Thanks tranquil, Little-ole-me thanked for this post
    Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

You mean I don't get a refund if I am not given the answer I wanted? There goes my get rich plans. It is a good point to remember why we have Thanksgiving. Honestly, I wasn't expecting a lot of suggestions but since I was having a very quiet thanksgiving I thought I would give starting a conversation a try. It is sad we can't even talk about the weather because it is stuck on the same thing. Hospice has my Dad on some pretty good meds & poor guy was hallucinating about it raining earlier today, he was so disappointed when I told him it was just a dream. Thanks for the reply DTS.

6. Thanks Dixie Tree Slayer thanked for this post
    Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Hospice means your last thanksgiving with him unless a miracle happens. I just went and bought a new bible yesterday. I had my old one on the dash of my truck and it turned up missing. Someone needed the word and they were not gonna pay. I'll humbly ask the Lord to give you strength and peace. Would you mind telling me a little bit about your dad?

8. Thanks Butch, tranquil, Little-ole-me thanked for this post
    Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Thanks DTS. My Dad's primary diagnosis is heart failure & kidney failure. He is on oxygen 24/7 now which helps him feel better thankfully. He is 77 and worked hard all his life mostly as an over the road truck driver, not the easiest job on the body. The hospice RN is a blessing because it means fewer trips for him to see the doctor, which has become very difficult to manage with him being so weak. Thank-you again.

10. Thanks Little-ole-me, Dixie Tree Slayer, Hermione thanked for this post