Thread: 4 Years with Trump!!!!!

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Re: 4 Years with Trump!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett O'Hara View Post
    I guess you answered what he has done to make YOUR life worst.
    Actually, I didn't realize that it was all about me - I sort of thought that there was a bigger picture being discussed here.

A lot of people of course will continue to support this guy as long as he's going after or debasing things that are important to others but not to them personally.
    Once it's their turn to experience his lunacy I suspect that they will adopt a different mind.

But, my life is pretty OK right at the moment.
    I'm concerned for the future though since that is where my Grand kids and the rest of the world will live their lives.
    64,999,987 firearm owners killed no one yesterday. Somehow, it didn't make the news.

2. Thanks Excitable Boy, Little-ole-me thanked for this post
    Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Well, he is trying to make the country safer for you, me and your grandkids. He wants a health care bill that will benefit all. He is opening up employment opportunities that will help your grandkids future. I don't see anything he is doing that will harm your grandkids future.

4. Thanks mike_honcho, Fantom thanked for this post
    Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

This country endured Obama for eight years, it can survive Trump for four.

6. Thanks Excitable Boy, MMA thanked for this post
    Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Obama cost the working class with Obamacare, but everyone has forgotten that. There is a whole website dedicated to horror stories of Obamacare if anyone cares to have their stomach turned and read just a little bit of it.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Extinguisher View Post
    there is no news- its all opinion shows.
    That's the truth.

Just tell me the facts as they are known or happened - don't then proceed to tell me what they mean - I'll figure that part out on my own.
    I'm sure these reporters have to scrounge to fill up the air time sort of like some people "ride the clock" just to get their hours in; but enough with the non-news being reported to get them through until the next paid commercial break.

Impeachment?
    Fine, if you've got the goods then get on with it and let me know how it's going.
    Otherwise, there's nothing to talk about and nothing to report.

Tax returns?
    I think the IRS knows what to do with that; let me know what they find if it's something the public might need or have a right to know about.

Maybe the news people should start focusing on what did happen instead of what might happen and what it will mean if it does happen - it's not news until it happens.
    64,999,987 firearm owners killed no one yesterday. Somehow, it didn't make the news.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by Paycheck View Post
    He wants a health care bill that will benefit all. He is opening up employment opportunities that will help your grandkids future.
    Somehow I don't think Republican Congress is going to come up with a health bill "that will benefit all." The rich who get tax cuts, well, yea. But 23 million losing health care will be a decisive factor in next year's elections. To me, it seemed Trump just went along with the House without really knowing what was in the damn thing (remember the big celebration? Now he's saying "it's too mean!"). Flip-floppery at its finest.

Without major progressive tax legislation (i.e. we'll get more trickle down nonsense, nothing for the middle class, instead; see Kansas), I don't see the employment situation improving, either -- as it is, Obama left it in better shape than he found it, and Trump hasn't had time to make his mark.

As the Fed is raising rates, I expect a minor recession next year (just in time for November). Don't forget, health costs are supposed to go UP with proposed health bill (although we haven't seen the Senate version yet -- there's probably a good reason they are hiding it, too).

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Flirty
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    That's the truth.

Just tell me the facts as they are known or happened - don't then proceed to tell me what they mean - I'll figure that part out on my own.
    I'm sure these reporters have to scrounge to fill up the air time sort of like some people "ride the clock" just to get their hours in; but enough with the non-news being reported to get them through until the next paid commercial break.

Impeachment?
    Fine, if you've got the goods then get on with it and let me know how it's going.
    Otherwise, there's nothing to talk about and nothing to report.

Tax returns?
    I think the IRS knows what to do with that; let me know what they find if it's something the public might need or have a right to know about.

Maybe the news people should start focusing on what did happen instead of what might happen and what it will mean if it does happen - it's not news until it happens.
    I agree with this.
    "It ain't fittin, it ain't fittin, it jest ain't fittin.................it ain't fittin"

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Flirty
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunMac View Post
    Somehow I don't think Republican Congress is going to come up with a health bill "that will benefit all." The rich who get tax cuts, well, yea. But 23 million losing health care will be a decisive factor in next year's elections. To me, it seemed Trump just went along with the House without really knowing what was in the damn thing (remember the big celebration? Now he's saying "it's too mean!"). Flip-floppery at its finest.

Without major progressive tax legislation (i.e. we'll get more trickle down nonsense, nothing for the middle class, instead; see Kansas), I don't see the employment situation improving, either -- as it is, Obama left it in better shape than he found it, and Trump hasn't had time to make his mark.

As the Fed is raising rates, I expect a minor recession next year (just in time for November). Don't forget, health costs are supposed to go UP with proposed health bill (although we haven't seen the Senate version yet -- there's probably a good reason they are hiding it, too).
    Some interesting reading for you.

It is certainly true that the CBO analysis found the Republican bill would lead to 24 million fewer people having insurance, compared with current law. But as that analysis also made clear, not all of them would be tossed off their insurance, nor would they all lose insurance they have “today.”http://www.factcheck.org/2017/05/24-million-talking-point/

Bottom line: The new score from the Congressional Budget Office vastly overstates the coverage impact of the Republican law and inhabits an alternate universe on the stability of the individual marketplace under Obamacare. Nonetheless, it anticipates lower premiums for many consumers moving forward, and appears to confirm enough deficit reduction to permit the reconciliation process to advance to the next step. Media outlets that report that 23 million people will "lose" insurance under the AHCA are just not telling the truth. Oh, and Senate Republicans are going to make major changes to the current legislation, which will render all of these numbers moot.https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2017/05/25/no-the-republican-healthcare-bill-would-not-cause-23-million-people-to-lose-insurance-n2331434

I just wanna get my $200 deductible back! I can't afford to pay for everyone else. You do know that some deductibles are $10,000-$20,000-$30,000 which will eventually cause small hospitals to close. When you have your heart attack and are taken to the closest hospital, unless it is big, they will have to do a write off because before transferring you because you will not meet your deductible there. They will finally have to close. Don;t argue with me on this one, I know personally.
    "It ain't fittin, it ain't fittin, it jest ain't fittin.................it ain't fittin"

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett O'Hara View Post
    When you have your heart attack and are taken to the closest hospital, unless it is big, they will have to do a write off because before transferring you because you will not meet your deductible there. They will finally have to close. Don;t argue with me on this one, I know personally.
    Won't argue with that, however -- uninsured people have a heart attack, are taken to the emergency ward, and then can't pay. Don't think you are NOT paying for that!!!

You are. It's cooked into your bill and deductible.

This is why I agree with those who think Medicare should just be extended to everyone. It creates a huge pool -- with a lot of it younger people who feel "too healthy" to buy insurance, but now have to pay part of their paycheck (they do already: if you read other reports, it would add only 2 percent to what every worker is already paying to have Medicare for all).

As for illegals: their workplace (hopefully) pays both Medicare and SS (E-Verify sees to that), but they will never get social security benefits, so they are contributing to your SS and Medicare without getting any of their own. Obamacare was based on forcing young people (not illegals) to buy insurance (tax penalty if you don't!), but notice that Trump took that away, obviously hoping for Obamacare to fail -- Republicans are busy kicking out that stool that supports it. This is a tacit admission that healthcare doesn't work without everyone paying -- and will lead to hospitals closing, too!

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Flirty
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

First, you really can't believe that you will ever be able to draw your social security...........

"Won't argue with that, however -- uninsured people have a heart attack, are taken to the emergency ward, and then can't pay. Don't think you are NOT paying for that!!!

You are. It's cooked into your bill and deductible."
    Then why have deductibles risen so much in just the last few years? How can a young couple plan to have a baby with a $10,000 deductible? Uninsured are treated at charity hospitals like UMC and are not made to pay. Have you not seen how many doctors are refusing to treat Medicare patients? Having everyone on Medicare would be a disaster. Ask Canadians how long they have to wait to see a doctor, years...........that's why they come here for medical treatment.

"E-Verify was originally established in 1997 as the Basic Pilot Program to prevent undocumented immigrants from obtaining employment illegally in the United States. In August 2007, DHS secretary Michael Chertoff and Commerce secretary Carlos Gutierrez announced several steps to expand employment eligibility verification. They started by requiring all federal contractors and vendors to use E-Verify. The Internet-based program is free and maintained by the United States government. Some states have passed legislation making it mandatory for certain businesses, other states require all employers use E-Verify."

https://www.cato.org/blog/serious-problems-e-verify E-Verify is not a gift from heaven, it was created by the federal government and funded by taxpayers. E-Verify is also not free because of the opportunity cost of the using the system. The current I-9 form costs employers an estimated 13.48 million man-hours each year. A national E-Verify mandate would add to that – perhaps substantially.

Most E-Verify checks do not take much time but 46.5 percent of contested cases in 2012 took DHS eight work days or more to resolve. During that time, employers are justifiably reluctant to train new employees who might not be work authorized. Employers will likely avoid that cost by pre-screening job applicants and rejecting those who come back as tentative non-confirmations.

An audit of the system by the firm Westat found that an estimated 54 percent of unauthorized workers were incorrectly found to be work authorized by E-Verify because of rampant document fraud. E-Verify relies upon the documents presented by the workers themselves to their employer.

At the federal level, expanding E-Verify through the Legal Workforce Act would, per the CBO, cost the federal government $635 million from 2018 to 2023 while imposing $10 million in annual compliance costs on states and localities. The CBO also estimates a minimum $200 million cost to the private sector following passage, as employers are forced to verify an additional 50 million employees. That’s a high price tag for a supposedly “free” program

You can see that E verify costs way more than we will ever gt in a return.

Last edited by Scarlett O'Hara; 06-18-2017 at 10:07 PM.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Shame yall have insurance problems. I have three two paid for, the third one with my own blood, most everyone could have don the same thing. If you go through life avoiding insurance premiums, this is what you get.
    "The winner will be the guy that has one more bullet than the other guy", Gunnery Sergeant J.D. Bolin

15. Thanks Scarlett O'Hara thanked for this post
    Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Lurking
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Wow, this post is hard to understand. I see those Ole Miss English classes taught you well. Glad you're more insured than you are educated.
    Last edited by mike_honcho; 06-19-2017 at 04:45 PM.

17. Thanks Excitable Boy thanked for this post
    Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Now that was funny!

19. Thanks mike_honcho thanked for this post
    Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by mike_honcho View Post
    Wow, this post is hard to understand. I see those Ole Miss English classes taught you well. Glad you're more insured than you are educated.
    Yet I still have the insurances and you are the one that had to "edit" your post. The shop called, your pulpwood truck is ready.
    "The winner will be the guy that has one more bullet than the other guy", Gunnery Sergeant J.D. Bolin

21. Thanks Paycheck thanked for this post
    Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Lurking
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by MMA View Post
    Yet I still have the insurances and you are the one that had to "edit" your post. The shop called, your pulpwood truck is ready.
    I have excellent insurance, my wife is a health care provider. I edited my post trying to get my bitchin' new signature to show up. You're one to talk about editing post, you edit 90% of your one sentence post.
    55-20

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

When people realize two party politics is simply a way to play one side against the other, for the elitists to remain that way, then things will really get better.
    There's little difference from one elected official to the next, republican or democrat. It's all about money, greed, and power for the establishment.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by JustMeAgain View Post
    When people realize two party politics is simply a way to play one side against the other, for the elitists to remain that way, then things will really get better.
    There's little difference from one elected official to the next, republican or democrat. It's all about money, greed, and power for the establishment.
    I can't say that I disagree with that; but it raises the question:

Would we be better off with one party, three, four?

It seems to me that the more parties you have the more people will be inclined to vote according to an ever narrowing list of concerns rather than a bigger list involving the over all health\direction of the nation.

Having one party of course is like having no choice at all.

I certainly agree that the direction of the current parties leaves a lot to be desired - like a whole lot.

One gave us a candidate fit for the jail house, the other gave us a candidate fit for the crazy house and we had to pick one for the White House.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    One gave us a candidate fit for the jail house, the other gave us a candidate fit for the crazy house and we had to pick one for the White House.
    Very Jacksonesque! (Jessie, not Andrew)

26. Thanks Atticus thanked for this post
    Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Breezy
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by JustMeAgain View Post

Truth, yet we have this debate every four years or so. So-and-so is the lesser of two evils, so we have to choose them. The Dems did it to Trump. The Repubs did it to Hillary. We lost on both accounts and always will.
    Henkyfork, the trumpet supporter.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

No matter the accomplishment President Trump's greatest achievement will always be NOT being President Obama.