Thread: President Trump--vs--North Korea !!!!!

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sad
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

President Trump--vs--North Korea !!!!!

Boy!! Oh!! Boy!!.

He has threaten them with Fire, Fury, and the worst power the world has ever seen... If they try anything...

What do all of you think about all this mess?????
    Last edited by Little-ole-me; 08-08-2017 at 03:57 PM.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Re: President Trump--vs--North Korea !!!!!

let's hope and pray that NK blinks.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Simple, drop the bomb and wipe them from the face of he earth - no more problem! Should have dropped them in Southwest Asia many years ago! I am tired of our men and women getting killed over another country's BS!
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

4. Thanks Maggie-Doodle thanked for this post
    Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

There is a better-than-average chance that 28,000-ish of our men and women would get killed if we dropped said bomb.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

But if NK makes the first strike against the U.S.mainland, a lot more than that will be killed. A strike agains Guam will no doubt kill many, but that strike will make us retaliate with Trump's fire and fury and hopefully we can end all of this nonsense with NK and put them away permanently.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    There is a better-than-average chance that 28,000-ish of our men and women would get killed if we dropped said bomb.
    That 28,000-ish number (max greed upon) is now down around a little over 23,000 and our troops are being stationed farther from the DMZ. Besides the launch site for the missiles of Norton Korea are far to the north of the DMZ and a few MOAB (as used in Afghanistan) should do the trick on the launch sites. Hopefully the NK is smart enough to store their nukes away form the launch sites.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Screw that little a$$hole. If he even glances towards the US or any of our territories, when need to rain hell fire down on his butt.
    8For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Flirty
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Actually, something should have been done quite a while ago before he stockpiled the weapons. I agree, it is scary, but what is the alternative? Interested to hear the answers. It did make me feel much better to see that Kim only has seven nuclear warheads compared to the hundreds the US, China and Russia have.
    "It ain't fittin, it ain't fittin, it jest ain't fittin.................it ain't fittin"

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

For the record we've never kept a country that wanted to develop nuclear weapons from successfully pursuing them over the course of history. There are 9 countries that publicly acknowledge their stockpiles exist and at least 2 more that publicly deny but almost assuredly could make a big cloud in a few days with a few phone calls/some assembly (Saudi Arabia and South Africa). We are batting 0-10 on that front over the past 80 years despite a lot of effort and angst.

It's definitely a hairy problem. Nuclear weapons do make you powerful even if you only have a few. It's easy for us to imagine a limited exchange in which we 'win' only because it won't be our loved ones' faces that get melted if NK somehow devised a way to detonate a weapon in Seoul. I feel like it's important to add here: I follow many sources of news. Fox would have you thinking this is a really big deal and we've never been this close to the precipice with NK before (I suppose that could be true - we haven't had Trump til now). The BBC barely mentions these events except to comment on how similar Trump and Kim are acting. In South Korea daily life continues. The SK president seems more concerned with Trump creating a red line that NK will pass thus forcing Trump to escalate this conflict than with NK stepping out and doing something. I'm not too worried about this because as far as I can see Trump has already drawn several red lines against both Russia and NK and both countries trampled all over them as soon as they were defined. Hell NK fired back a pile of threats just hours after Trump said any threat against the US would be met with fire and fury...anyways long story short in the court of public opinion if a conflict between our nations broke out today the world wouldn't blame NK exclusively - whether it's right or wrong or you disagree the US would pay a political price for allowing tensions to escalate to that point.

Getting a regime change to occur in NK without having our fingerprints all over it is the way out of this mess (at least that's the way out that doesn't involve fire and fury). If threatened with outside regime change I do believe that NK will lash out because right now the state equals the regime. How do we change that? Either get China or Russia to take the lead which would be risky, a few scenarios: NK could see one of those two actors taking steps as something that the US caused to happen (pretty likely to happen as it would be obvious and true), China or Russia could put US fingerprints on any covert/illegal operations so that if they failed to remove the regime the US would own the illegal actions/repercussions from the regime, OR even if they successfully did it through politics/economic policy that would cede even more international clout/power to one of those two states ("See us Chinese/Russians did with words what the US failed to do with threats.")

Obviously we could just do this thing with our armed forces but NK won't roll over because the state is the regime. Bad stuff could happen even though we'd beat them easily. We could wind up replacing the current regime with an even more nationalistic one once we've made 100K NK martyrs. SK could take lots of casualties and blame the US. China could freak the hell out about the loss of it's buffer state and tell us to stop and turn around before we successfully removed the regime. Etc, etc.

If we want to take an active roll in regime change in NK I think the safest way would be to acknowledge the current regime as legitimate, let them come to all the big meetings other countries get to attend so that the Kims don't feel like the red-headed step children of the planet, and then relax sanctions and let our blue jeans and rock and roll and Caitlin Jenners do the rest. Once the people of NK get the internet it'll be over for the Kims.
    Last edited by pirateIRL; 08-11-2017 at 08:22 AM.
    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."

Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."

12. Thanks Fantom thanked for this post
    Hub Bucks
    Savings
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sad
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Well, it looks like China will be on North Korea's side, if anything does happen. Can't believe our Country is going through all this mess.